Chapter 36

Anirudh furrowed his eyebrows as he saw Vajra push the chocolate milk away and walked out of the kitchen. He glowered at the young boy who ran away seeing his father's expression.  Thara swallowed her saliva and gave him a small smile before bending down and wiping the split milk.

" Thara...go and dress up...You have to leave early right ?" Anirudh asked making Thara to nod her head.

" Wipe pannitu poren," she said making him sigh.

" Morning," Revant yawned as he walked inside hugging his father slightly. He gave a short smile to Thara and turned to the fridge, grabbing a carton of orange juice.

Anirudh watched Thara wipe the floor and then rinse the cloth, placing it on the window pane before walking out.

" We are all going to her exhibition," Anirudh said making Revant sigh.

" Varale pa," he said making Anirudh's lips turn into a straight line. He nod his head and gave a thin smile.

" Maruteten...yellarum ippe periya pasanga aitingele...seri da take care," Anirudh said and walked away making Revant sigh and rubbed his forehead.

Upstairs, Lakshmi helped Thara to tie her saree. She smiled and kissed her cheek. " Light make up podu aprom kannadi podathe di," she said making  Thara to pout.

" Glasses potta than professional ah irrukom Patti," she said making the elder woman sigh.

" Yenna professional?" Saritha said as she walked inside the room.

Lakshmi smiled and shook her head. " Specs potta than professional ah irrupalam," she said making Saritha snort.

" Pakarthuku matum professional ah iruntha patathu...seiyel la yum irrukanam," Saritha said making Thara's face to loose its colour.

Lakshmi sigh and raised her eyebrows at Saritha. Saritha pressed her lips together and looked at Thara.

" Naa onnu sonna seiviya ? " She asked staring into Thara's orbs.

Thara swallowed her saliva and nod making Saritha exhale her breath.

" No matter who turns up or don't turn up today...I want you to be professional. Your exhibition and your auction mattum thaan mindle irrukanum...nothing else and no one else! Got it !?" Saritha asked in a stern voice. Thara nod her head making the elder woman to nod and turned away.

Lakshmi shook her head and pat Thara's shoulders. " Dress up panitu va da, kille Patti pooja room le flowers lam potu veikiren," Lakshmi said kissing her forehead before walking out.

Thara sighed and applied her her make up. She tied her hair into a ponytail before grabbing the end strand of her hair and tuck it inside the small parting resembling a bun. She applied a light pinkish lipstick and wore her glasses. She swallowed her saliva seeing the chain Naveen gift her. She sigh and wore it on her neck before wearing a simple jumkaas. Finally she sprayed her apricot hairspray and then dabbed her Anna Klein perfumed on her wrists and neck.

She turned her face and stood up seeing Anirudh walking inside the room. Her father's eyes zoomed on the chain making her heart trump slightly. Anirudh walked over and told her to turn around. Sithara gasped softly as her father unclasped the chain. She gulped and looked at her father who gave a serene smile.

" You look better without the chain, Go your Patti is waiting downstairs," he said making her nod her head before walking away dabbing her eyes.