Part 21

Sithara cuddled next to Ravi Raghavendra, pushing her spectacles up her nose bridge, tucking her legs on the couch as the family watched Chandramukhi.

Anita was peeking out from her hands which both covered her face as she sat next to Lakshmi. Vajra had his head on Saritha's lap while Anirudh had his head on her shoulders.

" Yethana tharava parthalum, putusa parkura maari patutu irruke," Anirudh grumbled making his wife swat his head.

" Pesama padatha parunge," she hissed as she lovingly pat Vajra's head. The little boy looked at his father and snickered. Anirudh narrowed his eyes making him squeak and then turned his orbs towards the television.

The door bell rang making the family groan. Thara paused the channel and frowned as she marched towards the door.

" Yethene tharava solrathu keys-" she gasped and stopped halfway as she stared at Naveen who winked at her.

" Ninge in-" she began while Revant pushed Naveen aside, raising his eyebrows at Thara.

" Yendi door ah block panre," he said and pushed her aside before walking inside with a few bags. Harish snickered and commented at her outfit as he followed Revant inside.

Naveen raised his eyebrows making her frown. " Dinner nu son-" she said and once again stopped as Mihira and Yantra walked inside.

" Thara yenna achu ?" Mihi asked looking at the two in concern.

Thara blinked and looked at Mihira.

" Ille dinner rombhe early ah finish panitinge..." she said in a confused voice.

Yantra chuckled and pat Naveen's shoulders. " Tho Ivan than...two months outside food ...outside life semme bored pesame veetle mingle panlamnu polambuna...athan seri nu ingeye vantuthom," he said as he hugged Thara.

Thara gave a small smile and nod. Naveen pretend to answer a text and turned towards Yantra and Mihira.

" Assistant director call pane sonnaru...naa pesitu varen," he said giving a smile before walking outside.

Yanthra went inside while Mihira bite her lips. " Sorry Di..." she said in a soft voice.

" Yethuku sorry ?" Thara asked drawing her eyebrows together.

"Ille I didn't want you to be sad athunale thaan Yantra mama ingeye dinner ke kupdulam nu sonamothu naa vena soliten...avan vanthe aprom yetachum solli unna kastapaduthe venanu...Ana avan vantatule irunthe yen namba matum aprom yen restaurant nu kettu yellarayum brain wash panitan," Mihira said in a small voice.

Thara pressed her lips together trying to control her smile. Her eyes shined brightly as she pulled Mihira into a hug.

" It's OK ka, cheri vaa ulle polam," she said, dragging Mihira away.

Sithara grinned watching her parents and grandparents coddle Mihira. She looked at Naveen who entered the hall and raised her eyebrows slightly before walking upstairs.

Thara chuckled as she grab her phone from her bedstand.She grinned and called Naveen.

" Hello...yen pesama irrukinge ?" She said giggling as the man rumbled his throat.

" Seri seri...veetuku porathuku munne yenna partutu thaan ponum," she said, smiling widely as he hum and end the call.

" Yengadi ponne ?" Lakshmi asked as Thara walked down the stairs. Sithara smiled sheepishly and said bathroom break.

" Avanga lam yenge ?" She asked as she sat next to Ravi.

" Yellam pinale pool kitte poitange...yenma ?" Anirudh asked looking at her intently.