Part 13

Aashman and Yashwan rolled their eyes as they watched their mothers coddle Naveen along side Amaira and Mihira. Anusha placed hot steaming idli on his plate while Saritha was busy making coffee and Amaira walked over to Naveen placing a jelebi on his mouth as the man smile and took a bite.

" Ama pachai mannu avan...utividu" Aashman grumbled under his breath.

Yashwan snickered and covered his mouth as Anusha glared at him. Naveen sighed as he looked at Aashman who glared at him.

" Anna nee sapdu," Amaira said placing the jelebi on his plate before walking over to the counter, taking a few ladoo and then placed the plate infront of him.

" Yen yenguluku kudutha sapda mattuma?" Yashwan said eying the plate.

" Deyh avan yevalo thoram vandi otitu vanturukan, pongada poi irrukara velai parunge," Saritha said as she placed a cup of coffee infront of Naveen.

" Ama ji yennalam pannuvaru than teriyume," Aashman grumbled under his breath.

Aadhira smiled as she walked inside the kitchen, behind her the young woman Mythili walked carrying a few boxes. Yashwan smirked, leaning against the counter as he crossed his arms over his chest.

" Naveen, yeppada vanta?" She said mussing the younger man's hair.

" Ma ithulam inge vechiru, thanks" Aadhira said pointing to the counter. The girl nod and walked over. She didnt notice Yashwan's leg and ended up tripping over it causing the box to fall as she ended up on the floor.

Yashwan's eyed widen while the women folk gasped. Naveen quickly got up and bend down helping the girl up while Aashman glared at Yashwan as he bend down and collect the boxes.

" Ma are you alright?" Anusha said as she hovered towards the girl who was sniffling.

" Sorry madam, venumne panle...kaalu slip achu," she said wiping her eyes.

Saritha sigh and nod at Naveen who gestured the girl to sit down. Amaira placed a cup of water infront of the sniffling girl, giving her a soft smile.

" Ithu yenna box chitti?" Aashman asked as he passed half of them to Yashwan who gulped and took it in his arms.

" Sweets thaan, athirasam and halwa...tho naliki seeru lam yedutu ponnum aprom anthe chinna chinna sombu le lam vekanum...ponnu tholi ke onnu aprom Mihi kaile onnu yedutu ponum," she said as she directed the boys to keep the box on the counter.

Anusha smiled and nod. " Amma Anna kalyanathuku yeneke Anni veetle iruntu thaniya kudutanga," she said with a reminiscent smile.

" Avanga kudutanga seri...ninge yenna kudutinga unga athukarar sister ke ?" Yashwan asked.

Saritha's eyes widen while Aadhira inhaled a sharp breath. Anusha blinked, swallowing her saliva. Aashman furrowed his eyebrows while Yashwan's orbs widen.

Naveen pursed his lips looking at his mother's pale face while Mihira looked worried and Amaira confused. Mythili on the other hand slammed the cup down and turned towards the man,narrowing her eyes to him.

" Yenda nee lam adangava matiya! Ipidi ya pesuve unge amma kitte! Konjam kude oru mariyathai ille!" She said hissing angrily.

Yashwan raised his eyebrow. "Aunty! Konjam nepatringala unge puranathe! Nee yaaru yenge veetu vishayatule mooka nolakire! Kudutha kaasu ke mattum velai paru!" He said snarling at her.

Mythili snorted. " Oh kudumba vishayam? Apidina unge veetu alunga mattum irrukomothu pesunum...illena ipidi than! " she said crossing her arms over her chest.