7

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Chapter Seven: Harry's Accident

Lightning strikes one of the golden quidditch rings and the clouds bloom with icy blue light. Far below, in the stands, rain lashes the sea umbrellas in the stands. As one flies free, soaring end over end into the sky, the crowd explodes in cheers.

Y/n was wearing a lion hat to support Gryffindor, and two Quidditch squads Gryffindor in scarlet, Hufflepuff in canary yellow, shoot into the air. Twin bludgers fire skyward, and the match is on.

Harry, rising like a rocket through the mist, his robes snapping violently in the wind. As he flies, rain falling like needles before him, every dark cloud concealing potential danger. Beaters crisscross his path.

A bludger whizzes past, then a second rockets directly at him. SWOOP! Harry ducks, watch the bludger, shudders the broom of the new Hufflepuff seeker Cedric Diggory.

The Beater goes into a wild spiral, vanishes in the mist.

In the stands, Y/n squints upward clapping, the players little more than streaking blurs from her vantage. KA-SSSST! a stitch of lightning strikes the tail of Angelina Johnson's broomstick.

As it bursts into flames, she plummets into the pitch. Ron looks down at his own hand. IN the highly charged air, the hair above his knuckles rise.

In the sky, Harry flues fearlessly, searching for the Snitch as Bludgers pierce the clouds about him and chasers flit in and out of everyone's view. Suddenly, in the stands opposite, a black umbrella flies from the hand of a Ravenclaw girl.

For a moment, it sails wondrously through the heavy air, a Magritte dream, then abruptly picks up speed, rotating like a hatchet, Harry ducks, turn, and watches it disappear into a bank of clouds.

Then something glimmers in the sky, A snitch. Instantly, Harry jets off closing fast on the tiny, glimmering ball, chasing it through on cloud, then another and another until he breaks into a clear patch in the sky.

Only to find that the snitch is gone. Angrily, Harry whips the Nimbus back around, searching the horizon frantically, when he spies something.

In the stadium's highest tower, something enormous flickers briefly in silhouette, then is obscured by a veil of mist.

Harry turns, in the distance, the stray umbrella spins into Harrys' view and harpoons a play. Harrys' eyes shift the snitch shimmers like a firefly in the dark underbelly of a cloud.

Harry begins to go when the veil of mist shrouding the high tower shifts and for one brief moment a great dog is revealed. As this mist closes, Harry frowns, jets away.

As Harry pelts after the Snitch, the crowd rises their feet, roaring. Y/n grin over the binoculars, watching Harry shred the mist as he urges his broom on. "Come on! Faster!" Ron uttered.

The trace of a smile forms on Harry's lips as he closes on the Snitch only yards away reaching out when a thin glance of ice clouds his glasses, he wipes at them then flinches; blood trickles down his cheek.

The rain is turning to needles. Needles of ice. Harry glances at the handle of his broomstick. The water sluicing through the grain is freezing. vapour streams from his mouth and nose.

SWOOSH! A dark silhouette passes on his right. He turns, a twin silhouette passes on the left. Harry sees neither. Looks down. The layers of mist are paying below. Lightning strikes, Reveals an army of silhouettes drifting onto the pitch.

A vast legion of dementors, a distant whistle weaves into the wind, rises in the pitch, not a whistle at all, but a scream. The woman's scream was back as Harrys' eyes flutter and wisps of silvery-white light float from his mouth.