44

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Forty-Four: A Frosty Christmas

Y/n was back home, standing in front of the manor, scarred to walk further. But Hermione was right, she has to stop trying to please everyone, and make her own decisions. She took a breath before walking forward and putting her key in the door. Pippa was on her shoulder and the truck was already in the house.

Once she walked in, opening the door, everything was in a box. The only thing that wasn't was the lights. "Mum!?" she called, looking around the house. Y/n heard footsteps coming up from the cellar.

"Oh, there you are...the taxi should be here anytime now..." Ophelia spoke, looking at her daughter and putting another thing of boxes down on the ground. "Do you have Pippa? Oh, there he is!"

Y/n fidgeted with her hands until meeting her mother's glance. "I don't want to move..." she simply said. Her mother furrowed her eyebrows, looking at her daughter, surprised that she was saying something. "I can't...I'm not running away from the war...cause I'm not scared...I'm fighting in it..."

Y/n wasn't just going to get up and leave during the beginning of another war, that her best friend is the main reason for. She wasn't just going to leave him, "Y/n it's much safer in New York right now...after I bet, you can come right back?"

"It's not about coming back mum, I love you...I love new york, Newt etc...but I have to help Harry..." Y/n explained. "Plus...everything I know and love is here, I'm not just going to leave..."

Ophelia nodded understanding where her daughter was coming from. "Your father was always, stubborn when it came to friends, and moving...I love to see you got that from him" She smiled looking at Y/n who just hugged her mother. "Plus be safe?"

"I promise," Y/n mumbled, with her head on her mother's shoulder. "I love you-"

"Love you too,"

The taxi was waiting outside a couple of minutes later, Ophelia decided to leave Y/n with the manor and furniture so she had somewhere to stay. Y/n was sitting up in her room looking down at her mother getting into the taxi.

Her father was gone, and now her mother. A tear fell from her eye before quickly wiping it and grabbing her stuff to head towards the Burrow for Christmas.

Hermione wasn't going to be there this year, because Ron was of course going to be at the burrow and Ginny was spending it with Luna at the Lovegood residence. So It was just going to be, Her, Fred, George, Ron and Harry with guests of course.

Once at the burrow, Fred and Y/n walked into the Kitchen accompanied by George. Harry and Ron were discussing what Harry heard last night, "I beg your pardon?" said Fred walking into the kitchen holding Y/n's hand.

Harry tensed up looking away from the couple like he normally does, "Aaah, George, look at this. They're using knives and everything. Bless them."

"I'll be seventeen in two and a bit months," said Ron grumpily, "and then I'll be able to do it by magic! and Y/n said mum said you weren't allowed to touch them!"

"Y/n!" Fred and George said turning to the girl who grabbed an apple.

"Ron asked" Y/n shrugged taking a bite from her apple, Fred pecked her on the lips before she sat down at the table turning to the boys.

"But meanwhile," said George, sitting down at the kitchen table and putting his feet upon it, "we can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a...whoops-a-daisy!"