13

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔
Chapter Thirteen: Time

As Pettigrew emerges from the gap, he prattles desperately: "Turn me into a maggot. A dung beetle. A Flobberworm! Anything but the Dementors..." Ron and Y/n walked out together. "Ron! Haven't I been a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them kill me, will you? I was your rat...

As Ron draws back in disgust as Y/n shook her head helping Ron over to the rock, a sleepwalking Snape bumps his head against a low limb. Y/n turns to Harry as Hermione went over to Ron.  "Don't worry. He's under the Somnambulist Charm. It's primarily used to transport the seriously deranged." 

As Harry nods, "You're really brilliant Y/n, Honestly," Harry spoke, looking at her as Y/n smiled a little. Pettigrew's pleading eyes find Hermione. Y/n looked up in the sky and saw the northern star.

"Sweet girl. Clever girl. Surely you won't let them..." Hermione tugs her robes from Pettigrew's sweaty grasp.

Harry turns, sees Black staring in wonder at the castle, shining radiantly under the bright bowl of the night sky. "Go It's your godfather...I and Hermione will take care of Ron-" Y/n put her hand on his shoulder. 

Harry nodded and walked over to Sirius. "Beautiful, isn't it? I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again. Freely."

"That was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it." Harry studies Pettigrew briefly, looks away. Lost in thought.

"I don't reckon my father wouldn't want his best friends to become killers for a worthless piece of vermin like Pettigrew. Besides: Dead, the truth dies with him. Alive... you're free." 

Sirius studies Harry's profile, moved by this. "I don't know if you know, Harry, but when you were born, James and Lily made me your guardian..." 

"I know."

"And, well, I'll understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle, but, so you know, you could --" 

"Come live with you? When!" Said Harry excitedly looking at Sirius. 

"Soon as my name's cleared..." Harry looks at Hogwarts grins at the thought. Sirius does the same. Then, Hermione's voice rises in the air, quivering with fear. "Y/n and you seem to be close she's a sweet girl..."

Harry nodded as he turned almost red, "Yeah...She is..." Sirius grinned turning to his godfather. Y/n was helping Ron with his foot and putting pressure to stop the bleeding. 

"You could lose it-" She sarcastically said looking at Ron. 

"Yeah...She could chop it off-" Ron uttered looking down at his foot.

Hermione got up and looking up.

"Harry..."

He turns, sees Hermione staring at the full moon. His eyes shift. Lupin is a rigid silhouette, his fingers twitching. "Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?" Lupin, twitching, shakes his head.

Pettigrew's eyes dart, taking in the situation, then slowly shift, note the wand trembling in lupin lengthening fist. "Run. All of you. Now." 

But none of them does, transfixed, watching as bristles poke through Lupins' skin. Black steps forward wrap his arms around his friend, presses his mouth to his ear. "You know the man you truly are, Remus. This flesh is only flesh." 

"This heart is where you truly live. This heart! Here!" As Lupin's wand drops Pettigrew leaps.

"No!" Harry shouted "Expelliarmus!"