42

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Forty-Two: PDA Problems

The Slughorn dinner party was tonight, and Y/n and Hermione were just sitting in the dormitory together enjoying each other's company while one read and the other drew in her sketchbook.

She was sitting on her bed looking down and drawing these blue creatures that glowed and flown, called Bioluminescence, but they were tiny creatures with mushroom heads. Pippa was singing, which was calm to both Hermione and Y/n. "Y/n, we should get ready...it's about five-" Hermione said, looking up from her book.

"Yeah, Hermione...you know...what you said to Ron, right?" Y/n mentioned standing up, Hermione turned almost red, looking down at her trunk taking some clothes out of it. But even knowing Hermione shook her head. "Well, you said 'what if it was you and him snogging? Do you fancy Ron?..'"

Hermione whiffed her head to avoid anything. "No..No, I don't...how is the shop doing? You asked Fred about it, didn't you?" Said Hermione, changing the subject from her and Ron. Y/n didn't mind her changing the subject.

"He and George are going to close it, a week before Christmas" Y/n explained, Hermione furrowed her eyebrows turning to Y/n. "Mrs Weasley, she doesn't think it's the brightest idea to have the shop open...counting everything happening in Diagon Alley...but they finally agreed with her."

Y/n grabbed clothes and made her way to the bathroom's to get changed into what she was wearing for the dinner party. Slughorn also mentioned something about a Christmas party in the invite but no one knew when that was going to be yet.

Once she was done getting ready for the dinner party, and she walked back into the dormitory; Hermione was sitting on her bed face deep in a book. "Oh you have a letter, I put it on your bed..." Hermione mentioned motioning her hand towards Y/n's bed. "I'm going to head out see you there-"

"Yeah," Y/n softly spoke, Hermione walked out of the dormitory leaving Y/n the only one in it. She walked over and looked at the letter that was placed on her bed. It was from her mother, which was odd counting she should be in Alaska.

She opened up the letter and scanned it before reading the whole thing.

Dear, Y/n;

I thought I should be telling you this until it is time for it to actually happen.
But before then, Newt says 'hi' and so did everyone else when I was in NYC.
Anyways, We will be moving.

You are still on the waiting list for Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,
The reason for the move is that. I spend most of my time in New York than in London anymore.
And I know we are never together anymore because of my job.

So we are moving to New York, and we will be about one block away from Queenie's apartment.
It is going to be soon, so by Christmas. I would expect you to have said your goodbye's even if it is hard.

-Love
Your Mother
O.S

Y/n looked down at the letter almost stunned about what she just read, Everything about moving to New York. Yes, she loved New york city. But she wouldn't live there and leave all of her friends, family and relationships...leave Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

She folded up the letter putting it under her pillowcase until she comes back later on. Y/n wiped the tear from her eyes after thinking of leaving everyone, time passed when she noticed that the dinner part started a couple of minutes ago.

Y/n was making her way towards Slughorn's office where it was being held. "Y/n!" Ginny announced catching up with her. Y/n stopped turning to Ginny.