12

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔
Chapter Twelve: The Other Half

SWOOK! SWOOK! A crow glides to the flock, circling the feet of a pot-bellied man sitting in the courtyard as he sharpened an axe. Rushing past the Executioner Harry, Ron and Hermione towards Hagrid's hut. 

"It's awful what they are going to do with Buckbeak," Y/n softly and quietly spoke, appearing behind all of them.

"When did you get here?" Ron asked confused, 

She shook her head, putting the time turner in Hermione's hand since she was coming from the library. "I was here the whole time..." 

Harry looked forward. "Anyway, it just got worse." 

They look and see, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle, lurks within a grouping of monolithic menhirs, binoculars in hand, spying on Hagrid, who stands in the pumpkin patch, tossing dead ferrets to Buckbeak. 

Hagrid wipes his eyes, lopes into the hut. "You... foul... loathsome... evil... little cockroach..." Hermione rushed forward-pointing her wand at Malfoy's neck. Malfoy stumbles back against a tree, cross-eyed with fear as Hermione jabs the tip of her wand under his nose, when...

"Hermione! No!" She turns, surprised Ron's spoken to her. He looks away. "He's not worth it." 

Hermione nods, then punched him quick as lightning, lands a looping right to Malfoy's jaw, putting him flat on his back. Stunned, he leaps to his feet and runs, Crabbe and Goyle huffing and puffing behind. "That felt good." 

"Brilliant" Ron spoke. The four of them, makes their way down the slope and past Buckbeak, chewing on a ferret with idle satisfaction. 

Hagrid stands by the window watching Buckbeak. Harry and Ron sit. Hermione and Y/n made tea. "Look at 'em. Loves the smell o' the trees when the wind blows..." 

"I say we set him free," Harry spoke as the four of them nodded.

"They'd know I did it. And tha' would only get Dumbledore in trouble. Gonna come down, yeh know. Says he wants ter to be with me when it... when it happens. Great man, Dumbledore." 

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid," Hermione mentioned. 

"Yeh will not! Think I wan' yeh seein' a thing like this! No. Yeh'll drink yer tea an' be off. But before yeh do -- I wan' ter see you an' Ron shake hands, Harry." Ron and Harry exchange a glance, then look to Hagrid. "Thin' I haven' seen 'ow it's bin betw'n you two? Go on now..." 

Reluctantly, Harry and Ron extend their hands. Shake. "Good. Now then. Ron, I wan' ter see you give Hermione a hug." 

"What!" Hermione and Ron both exclaimed. 

Y/n turned to Hermione as she shook her head. "Go on! You've been at it all year. An' I'm sick, it. then Y/n 'nd  Harry, then Ron." Acutely uncomfortable, Hermione and Ron step forward and perform perhaps the most awkward hug Hogwarts has ever seen.

"Crikey, tha's jus' abou' the most pathetic hug I e'er seen. But yeh did it, an' tha's wha' matters. There's jus' one other thing..." 

"I'm not kissing Fang if that's what you're thinking..." Hearing his name, fang Hagrid's giant boarhound thumps his tail happily on the floor. 

Hagrid turned to Y/n and Harry. The two of them looked at Hagrid as the man motioned out, Y/n walked over as Harry wrapped his arms around her and Y/n wrapped her arms around his neck.