36

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Chapter Thirty-Six: Quibbler & Snape's Memories

Luna and Y/n said vaguely that she did not know how soon Rita's interview with Harry would appear in The Quibbler, that her father was expecting a lovely long article on recent sightings of Crumple-Horned Snorkacks. "And, of course, that'll be a very important story, so Harry's might have to wait for the following issue," said Luna.

Harry had not found it a simple experience to talk about the night when Voldemort had returned. Rita had pressed him for every little detail. Lucky Y/n was next to him, helping him stay calm. And he had given her everything he could remember, knowing that this was his one enormous opportunity to tell the world the truth. 

He wondered how people would react to the story. "Mum mailed me saying it should be in New York as well since she just landed there," Y/n mentioned, looking over at the boy as he smiled at her. 

"Y/n that wasn't part of the plan," Hermione called out.

Y/n shrugged, "More people are in the wizarding world ministry than here that believe you-know-who's back..." 

Y/n was glad she and Harry were now taking again, but Her and Fred were around each other less than before. Harry needed everyone's help with telling Voldemort's return. He guessed that it.

"Can't wait to see what Umbridge thinks of you going public," said Dean, sounding awestruck at dinner on Monday night. Seamus was shovelling down large amounts of chicken-and-ham pie on Dean's other side, but Harry knew he was listening.

"It's the right thing to do, Harry," said Neville, who was sitting opposite him. He was rather pale, but went on in a low voice, "It must have been...tough...talking about it...Was it?"

"Yeah," mumbled Harry, "but people have got to know what Voldemort's capable of, haven't they? Plus I have help"

"That's right," said Neville, nodding, "and his Death Eaters too...People should know...."

Neville left his sentence hanging and returned to his baked potato. Seamus looked up, looking over to Harry and then back at his plate. 

After a while Dean, Seamus, and Neville departed for the common room, leaving Y/n, Harry and Hermione at the table waiting for Ron, who had not yet had dinner because of Quidditch practice.

Cho Chang walked into the hall with her friends. Harry's stomach gave an unpleasant lurch, but she did not look over at the Gryffindor table and sat down with her back to him.

"Oh, I forgot to ask you," said Hermione brightly, glancing over at the Ravenclaw table, "what happened on your date with Cho? How come you were back so early and with Y/n? What about you and Fred"

Y/n looked down at her food letting Harry explain everything he had told her which wasn't a lot. "Well, He wanted to watch practice with Lee and George" Y/n quickly explained. Hermione turned to Harry ready for his story. 

"Er...well, it was..." said Harry, pulling a dish of rhubarb crumble toward him and helping himself to seconds, "a complete fiasco, now you mention it." And he told her what had happened in Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop.

Y/n's face was heated up as she looked down not looking up from her empty plate. "...so then," he finished several minutes later, as the final bit of crumble disappeared, "she jumps up, right, and says 'I'll see you around, Harry,' and runs out of the place!" He put down his spoon and looked at Hermione. "I mean, what was all that about? What was going on?" 

Hermione glanced over at the back of Cho's head and sighed. "Oh, Harry," she said sadly. "Well, I'm sorry, but you were a bit tactless."

"Me, tactless?" said Harry, outraged. "One minute we were getting on fine, next minute she was telling me that Roger Davies asked her out, and how she used to go and snog Cedric in that stupid tea shop, then well...she brought up Y/n multiple times...how was I supposed to feel about that?"