29

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Chapter Twenty-Nine: 
The Detentions

Y/n, Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat in the corner of the large common room, trying to ignore the talking and chattering going on around them. "How can Dumbledore let that terrible woman teach?" Hermione asked. 

"You reckon she's here to spy on us?" Ron suggested.

Y/n shook her head looking up from the Quibbler, "Remember what Fred and George said, Dumbledore couldn't find someone who wanted to do that job...So the Minister sent him Umbridge, Reckon he didn't go looking for Snape-" 

"Well, she is differently here to spy on Dumbledore," said Hermione turning to them once more. Harry shrugged before Y/n rested her head on his shoulder once more. This was the only thing she didn't find weird. 

She and Harry have been this close their second year, so it wasn't off for them to be close. Pippa was with Ginny, as the two of them decided to co-parent since Ginny wanted one but didn't have the money. 

Angelina Johnson walked up to them angrily, "Way to go, Potter! Your detention is the same time as Quidditch practice!" 

"Oh! sorry" Harry sarcastically said. 

Y/n moved her head so he didn't shout in her ear, "Yeah, Well you will have to get out of it somehow. We're holding try-outs for a new keeper now that Wood's gone, and I wanted to have the whole team there" 

"I'll never get out of it Angelina" Harry sighed looking at her.

"Well...just don't do it again!" She stormed out of the common room, Y/n placed her head on Harry's shoulder as he leaned back. 

Y/n looked up at the time to see she had to go to Hagrid's. "Merlin, I have to go..." She got up causing Harry to mentally groan. 

"I'll come with you" Harry got up as Y/n turned to him holding her book. 

"You have detention, plus Luna is going to help me...I'll see you all later." Ron lifted his hand as Y/n walked out of the common room.

Y/n walked over to Hagrid's hut, "Hello Y/n" Luna greeted as Y/n smiled looking at her cousin, Sometimes she just needed to be with family, not worrying about a crush, you-know-who, or anything. 

"Hello Luna" She smiled looking at her, "Hagrid said the key should be somewhere around here" Y/n walked over standing on a mate before she realised he put the key inside of the mate. Luna bent down and grabbed the key. "We just have to watch over Fang, and two more creatures, thanks for coming to help" 

"No problem, Family first" Y/n nodded before unlocking the door and walking into Hagrid's hut. Y/n and Luna both walked over to the light turning it on to show Fang who was asleep, two monk's lizard looking creatures as well. 

Y/n and Luna started to clear up and help Hagrid, "Luna I have a question.." Y/n said, Luna, looked up from Fang's food turning to Y/n. 

"What's wrong?" She asked kindly. 

Luna was always there for Y/n no matter what, It sucked that Y/n couldn't tell her where she was during the summer. "I think, I might like Harry...but he fancies Cho...and sometimes I feel jealous seeing them talk..." 

"Well, Harry brought Parvati to the Yule Ball, but she said he wouldn't stop looking at you...I just think you should give him time...Reckon, Cho needs someone..." Luna mentioned. 

Y/n nodded understanding, The door opened as Umbridge stood looking at the two girls. "What are you both doing in here?" 

"Oh, Hagrid..he asked us to watch over his hut...while he was gone" Y/n handed her the letter as she looked up from it with a nod handing it back to her.