41

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Forty-One: Cursed

Harry tries with little success to get the attention of the throng of aspiring Quidditch players assembled on the pitch. Y/n sat in the bleachers with Hermione. The two watched the game from a distance, looking at Ron, standing in front of everyone else, messing around. "All right! Queue up! Excuse me..." Harry calmly said.

"SHUT IT!" Ginny shouted, getting everyone's attention. 

Luna walked over sitting next to Hermione and Y/n, "Hello Hermione and Y/n," she said with a smile turning to the two of the girls. Y/n with a book laying on top of her legs.

"Hello, Luna," 

"Hi Luna" 

Instant silence. Harry frowns, nods to Ginny nevertheless. "Thanks. All right. This morning I'll be putting you all through a few drills to assess your strengths. But know this: Just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year. Is that clear?" Harry commanded looking at everyone.

Ron looks unnerved at this, sweating so much he's attracted a Pesky Fly. Cormac Mclaggen, the huge boy from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, sidles up. "No hard feelings, Weasley, alright?" McLaggen started getting himself ready. 

Harry looked up and glanced at Y/n who sent him a smile and tiny wave. He returned it before turning back to everyone looking over to Luna. "Hard feelings?"

"I'll be going out for Keeper as well. Nothing personal." 

"Really? A strapping guy like you, you've got a Beater's build, don't you think? Keeper needs to be agile, quick-" Cormac nabs the fly between two fingers, kills the buzzing coming around him. 

"I like my chances. Say... think you could introduce me to your friend Sterling Or Granger? Wouldn't mind getting on a first-name basis, know what I mean?" Cormac gives a lewd wink, 

"Y/n's dating my brother," Ron said trying not to sound disgusted, even if he was happy for Y/n finding someone. 

Cormac shrugged before spitting on the ground, "I don't really care about someone having a boyfriend, he's not here is he?" Cormac smirked before saunters off. Ron glances up to the stands. Hermione and Y/n's smile, and wave.

The try-outs started, Ginny flies swiftly, handling the Quaffle with ease, Two second years collide in mid-air. Cormac makes a brilliant save, Ron makes a shaky save. Hermione looks on, nervous for him.

Y/n just clapped calmly unlike Lavender who was sitting not that far away from the three girls. Katie Bell snatches a Quaffle with one hand, splits two defenders beautifully and makes a slick blind pass to Dean who jets high in the air, then lets the Quaffle roll off his fingers right into Ginny's hands as she races below.

Seamus sends a Bludger rocketing into the stands, scatters a group of onlookers, leaving only Neville, who sidles delicately to the right as the others leg it. Two-third years collide in mid-air. Cormac makes another brilliant save.

Ron turns the wrong way but makes the save anyway as the Quaffle caroms off the tail of his broom. Hermione looks on more nervously. Demelza Robins, bent low over her stick, pins the Quaffle under her chin, splits two Bludgers and a pair of Beaters.

Two aspiring Beaters "whiff" on a pair of Bludgers, whack each other instead and plummet to the pitch as the Bludgers ricochet off one another and go flying into the stands, scattering onlookers yet again and leaving, as before, only Neville. This time, he sidles delicately to the left.