31

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Chapter Thirty-One: Dumbledore's Army

The four of them walked the streets of Hogsmeade, trying to avoid other students. "Where are we going, Y/n and Hermione?" Harry asked after finally agreeing with the idea of him being the defence professor for everyone. 

Both of them led them confidently. They stopped at the pub. "There we are," Y/n motioned towards the door. "Reckon, this is safer than doing this with the three broomsticks..." 

"The hogshead?" Ron asked, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"Few people inside," Y/n said, looking over at Ron. The boys looked up at the sign as the girls sighed, grabbing their hands. 

Y/n grabbed Harry's hand, dragging him in. "Come on, we'll explain," Hermione said to them. The three stepped into the pub. It looked grimy and ill-lit, shady witches and wizards sit uneasily in corners. 

Except for the window with, Neville with Dean and Lavender, who were closely followed by Parvati and Padma Patil with Cho and one of her usually giggling girlfriends, Luna Lovegood (Who was here because Y/n asked her) then Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, and Angelina Johnson, Colin and Dennis Creevey, Ernie Macmillan, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Hannah Abbott,  Anthony Goldstein, Michael Corner, and Terry Boot; Ginny, Fred and George Weasley with their friend Lee Jordan, all three of whom were carrying large paper bags crammed with Zonko's merchandise. 

"A couple of people?" said Harry hoarsely to Hermione. "A couple of people?"

"Yes, well, the idea seemed quite popular," said Hermione happily. "Ron, do you want to pull up some more chairs?"

The barman had frozen in the act of wiping out a glass with a rag so filthy it looked as though it had never been washed. Possibly he had never seen his pub so full.

"Hi," said Fred, reaching the bar first and counting his companions quickly. "Could we have twenty-five butterbeers, please?"

The barman glared at him for a moment, then, throwing down his rag irritably as though he had been interrupted in something very important, he started passing up dusty butterbeers from under the bar.

"Cheers," said Fred, handing them out. "Cough up, everyone, I haven't got enough gold for all of these..."

Y/n watched dreamingly as the large chattering group took their beers from Fred and rummaged in their robes to find coins. Harry could not imagine what all these people had turned up for until the horrible thought occurred to him that they might be expecting some kind of speech.

"What have you been telling people?" he said in a low voice. "What are they expecting?" 

"I've told you, they just want to hear what you've got to say," said Hermione soothingly; but Harry continued to look at her so furiously that she added quickly, "You don't have to do anything yet, I'll speak to them first."

Y/n turned to him, "Stop looking at us like that...when have me and Hermione been wrong..." Ron was about to say something, "Together" The boys quickly closed his mouth, Harry just nodded turning to everyone. 

"Hi, Harry," said Neville, beaming and taking a seat opposite Harry.

Harry tried to smile back, but did not speak; his mouth was exceptionally dry. Cho had just smiled at him and sat down on Ron's right. Her friend, who had curly reddish-blonde hair, did not smile but gave Harry a thoroughly mistrustful look that told Harry plainly that, given her way, she would not be here at all.

In twos and threes, the new arrivals settled around Harry, Ron, and Hermione, some looking rather excited, others curious, Luna Lovegood gazing dreamily into space. When everybody had pulled up a chair, the chatter died out. Every eye was upon Harry.