17

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Chapter Seventeen: Several Arrivals

The storm had blown itself out by the following morning, though the ceiling in the Great Hall was still gloomy; heavy clouds of pewter grey swirled overhead as Harry, Ron, and Hermione examined their new course schedules at breakfast.

A few seats along, Fred, George, and Lee Jordan were discussing magical methods of aging themselves and bluffing their way into the Triwizard Tournament. 

"Today's not bad...outside all morning," said Ron, who was running his finger down the Monday column of his schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuff and Care of Magical Creatures...damn it, we're still with the Slytherins..." 

"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned, looking down. Divination was his least favourite subject, apart from Potions. Professor Trelawney kept predicting Harry's death, which he found extremely annoying.

"You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" said Hermione briskly, buttering herself some toast. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy."

"Or Astronomy," Y/n said walking over to the group and walking away from Ginny and Luna. who both had a class to get to, "Good morning everyone-" She smiled brightly.

 'Moring,' and 'Goodmorning,' Came from Harry, Hermione and Ron. 

"Wait- you didn't take Divination?" Ron asked looking up at Y/n in shock. 

Y/n shook her head, "I did, but I'm taking Astronomy, Magical Creatures, Arithmancy, and a couple more things..." 

"How many classes are you taking this year?" Harry asked the girl. 

"Only...8" Y/n said grabbing a pudding cup from the table. "Plus Muggle art, so nine-" 

Ron and Harry exchanged looks, "We have O.W.L's coming up" Hermione reminded them as Y/n nodded looking at the two boys with her mouth full of pudding. 

"That's next year" Ron reminded. 

"Yeah, and with the tournament, do you think we would get any learning done?" Y/n pointed out as Harry nodded of course agreeing with her. 

"You're eating again, I notice," said Ron, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast too.

"I and Y/n decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," said Hermione haughtily.

Y/n turned to Hermione and nodded. "Yeah...and you were hungry," said Ron, grinning. 

Hagrid was standing outside his hut, one hand on the collar of his enormous black boarhound, Fang. There were several open wooden crates on the ground at his feet, and Fang was whimpering and straining at his collar, apparently keen to investigate the contents more closely. As they drew nearer, an odd rattling noise reached their ears, punctuated by what sounded like minor explosions.

"Mornin'!" Hagrid said, grinning at Y/n, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Be'er waits fer the Slytherins, they won' want ter miss this Blast Ended Skrewts!"

"Come again?" said Ron.

Hagrid pointed down into the crates. "Eurgh!" squealed Lavender Brown, jumping backwards. "Eurgh" just about summed up the Blast-Ended Skrewts

Y/n walked over to the crates. "Y/n might no-" Hagrid warned. The girl leaned down grabbing one and cradling it.  They looked like deformed, shell-less lobsters, horribly pale and slimy-looking, with legs sticking out in very odd places and no visible heads.