30

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Chapter Thirty: Hogwarts High Inquisitor

Harry, Y/n, Ron, and Hermione sit near each other in the common room. Around them, people were talking, laughing, and studying. Hermione sighed, shutting her book with a snap. "I don't know how we're ever going to pass O.W.L's In defence against the dark arts without practice! That Umbridge woman is..." 

She looked at Y/n, Ron and Harry. "We've got to do something about her" The three of them stare at her as Harry and Y/n exchange looks. 

"Yeah, well...I think poison will do the trick," Ron joked. Y/n hit his arm. He just shrugged, she chuckled, turning back to her books. 

"Don't be silly Ron, not her...her learning, we are not going to learn anything in her class" Hermione explained looking over at him.

Harry nodded looking at Hermione, "Yeah, that's true" Harry mumbled looking up at everyone. 

"Like what? make a group?" Y/n asked.

Hermione nodded looking at her as the two girls turned to Harry who wasn't even paying attention anymore. "I don't know..." Harry uttered not getting the hint that they are trying to send him. 

Y/n shook her head with a grin putting her head on Harry's shoulder. There was a tapping sound at the window, they turn to an owl peeking at the window. Ron got up opening it. The owl dropped a letter in Ron's hand before flying out of the window. 

The last Gryffindor in the common room went up the stairs to the dormitory's, leaving the four of them in the common room. "It's from Percy!" Ron announced the three of them got up and walked over to him. 

"Read it," Harry told him. 

Ron opened the letter looking at the words before speaking, "Dear Ron, I have only just heard from no less a person than the Minister of Magic himself, who has it from your new teacher, Professor Umbridge that you have become a Hogwarts prefect." Ron read. 

"I was most pleasantly surprised when I heard this news and must firstly offer my congratulations. I must admit that I have always been afraid that you would take what we might call the "Fred and George" route, rather than following in my footsteps, so you can imagine my feelings on hearing you have stopped flouting authority and have decided to shoulder some real responsibility" 

"But I want to give you more than congratulations, Ron, I want to give you some advice, which is why I am sending this at night rather than by the usual morning post. Hopefully, you will be able to read this away from prying eyes and avoid awkward questions." 

"From something the Minister let slip when telling me you are now a prefect, I gather that you are still seeing a lot of Harry Potter." 

"I must tell you, Ron, that nothing could put you in danger of losing your badge more than continued fraternization with that boy. Yes, I am sure you are surprised to hear this no doubt you will say that Potter has always been Dumbledore's favourite but I feel bound to tell you that Dumbledore may not be in charge at Hogwarts much longer and the people who count have a very different and probably more accurate view of Potters behaviour." 

" I shall say no more here, but if you look at the Daily Prophet tomorrow you will get a good idea of the way the wind is blowing and see if you can spot yours truly! Seriously, Ron, you do not want to be tarred with the same brush as Potter, it could be very damaging to your prospects, and I am talking here about life after school too. As you must be aware, given that our father escorted him to court, Potter had a disciplinary hearing this summer in front of the whole Ministry and he did not come out of it looking too good."