47

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Forty-Seven: Sectumsempra (For Enemies)

The four had Charms early in the morning, Ron absently twirls his wand as he covertly eyes Lavender.

Hermione frowns over the Prophet, and Y/n was reading the Quiddler. Before a snowflake falls upon her nose. She wiped it off. "Ron..." Y/n called. He turned to her, looking away from Lavender.

"You're making it snow." Hermione quickly explained, Y/n nodded with another snowflake on her nose. Harry turned to her, studying her face for a second.

"You have a snowflake, on your nose..." Harry told her, Y/n awkwardly wiped the snowflake off of her nose, looking back down at her newspaper continuing to draw. Harry studied her before looking over at Ron.

Ron looks up, sees that it is snowing only over the trio. Hermione places her hand atop his wand and he blinks as if the gesture kindles some sense-memory. "We split up," he told Harry out of the corner of his mouth, "Last night. When she saw me coming out of the dormitory with Hermione. Obviously, she couldn't see you or Y/n, so she thought it had just been the two of us."

"Ah," said Harry. "Well...you don't mind it's over, do you?"

"No," Ron admitted. "It was pretty bad while she was yelling, but at least I didn't have to finish it."

"Coward," said Hermione, though she looked amused. "Well, love is really in the air this year, with Luna and Ginny being the only couple that could stay together...Frist Fred and Y/n broke up" Harry still grinned looking down, trying to not show that his insides were suddenly dancing the conga every time he heard that sentence.

"Flitwick," said Ron in a warning tone.

The tiny little Charms master was bobbing his way toward them, and Hermione was the only one who had managed to turn vinegar into wine; her glass flask was full of deep crimson liquid, whereas the contents of Harry's and Ron's were still murky brown.

"Now, now, boys," squeaked Professor Flitwick reproachfully. "A little less talk, a little more action...Let me see you try..."

Together they raised their wands, concentrating with all their might, and pointed them at their flasks. Harry's vinegar turned to ice; Ron's flask exploded. "Yes...for homework," said Professor Flitwick, reemerging from under the table and pulling shards of glass out of the top of his hat, "practice."

Y/n sent Harry a small grin.

After charms, Y/n had magical creatures but Hermione, Ron and Harry all had a free period. But Hagrid had cancelled this class, to mourn the death of one of his creatures. Y/n walked over to Harry who walked into the common room. "Harry"

His heart started to go, a hundred miles per hour. "H-Hey, I thought you had Magical Creatures," He said turning to her, She looked over him and shook her head dreamingly.

"I did...Hagrid, cancelled but didn't tell anyone why," Y/n mentioned, "Just said that he was sick, Reckon I could go and check on him later? Mind joining me?"

Harry nodded, The two of them went through the portrait hole into the sunny common room and only vaguely registered the small group of seventh years clustered together there, until Hermione cried, Y/n and Harry both turned to Hermione who came down the steps from the girls dormatory."Katie! You're back! Are you okay?"

Harry stared: It was indeed Katie Bell, looking completely healthy and surrounded by her jubilant friends. Y/n walked over to her as well did Hermione. "I'm really well!" she said happily. "They let me out of St. Mungos on Monday, I had a couple of days at home with Mum and Dad and then came back here this morning. Leanne was just telling me about McLaggen and the last match, Harry..."