34

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Chapter Thirty-Four: Different Feelings

Christmas morning quickly came around when Y/n woke up to the gifts on the bottom of her bed. 

She winded up getting sweets from Ron, books from Hermione, earrings from Ginny, etc. Harry's present was nowhere to be seen but she got him something. Y/n got dressed after thanking Hermione. The three girls went downstairs to meet with the boys. "Here...Merry Christmas.." Y/n awkwardly said, handing Harry a tiny box.

Harry was holding a box as well, in the same shape. "I-I got this for you," He stuttered, looking and handing it to her before taking the box and walking away.

"Thanks..." she uttered, watching him walk away. Y/n opened up the box to see a bracelet it looked like the same one he was just wearing. She closed the box, putting it in her pocket before walking down the stairs.

The journey to St. Mungo's was quite quick, as there was very little traffic on the roads. A small trickle of witches and wizards were creeping furtively up the otherwise deserted street to visit the hospital. 

Y/n and the others got out of the car, and Mundungus drove off around the corner to wait for them; they strolled casually toward the window where the dummy in green nylon stood, then, one by one, stepped through the glass. 

The reception area looked pleasantly festive: The crystal orbs that illuminated St. Mungo's had been turned to red and gold so that they became gigantic and glowing Christmas baubles.

They found Mr Weasley propped up in bed with the remains of his turkey dinner on a tray in his lap and a rather sheepish expression on his face. "Everything all right, Arthur?" asked Mrs Weasley, after they had all greeted Mr Weasley and handed over their presents.

"Fine, fine," said Mr Weasley, a little too heartily. "You..er...haven't seen Healer Smethwyck, have you?"

"No," said Mrs Weasley suspiciously, "why?"

"Nothing, nothing," said Mr Weasley airily, starting to unwrap his pile of gifts. "Well, everyone had a good day? What did you all get for Christmas? Oh, Harry...this is absolutely wonderful..."

For he had just opened Harry's gift of fuse-wire and screwdrivers. Mrs Weasley did not seem entirely satisfied with Mr Weasley's answer. As her husband leaned over to shake Harry's hand, she peered at the bandaging under his nightshirt.

Y/n stood next to Fred as the boy's arm was slung around her shoulder like always, and she didn't seem to mind this time. 

"Arthur," she said, with a snap-in her voice like a mousetrap, "you've had your bandages changed. Why have you had your bandages changed a day early, Arthur? They told me they wouldn't need doing until tomorrow."

"What?" said Mr Weasley, looking rather frightened and pulling the bed covers higher up his chest. "No, no...it's nothing...it's...I..." He seemed to deflate under Mrs Weasley's piercing gaze.

"Well...now don't get upset, Molly, but Augustus Pye had an idea... You know he's the Trainee Healer, lovely young chap and very interested in...um...complementary medicine...I mean, some of these old Muggle remedies...well, they're called stitches, Molly and they work very well on — on Muggle wounds-"

Mrs Weasley let out an ominous noise somewhere between a shriek and a snarl. Lupin strolled away from the bed and over to the werewolf, who had no visitors and was looking rather wistfully at the crowd around Mr Weasley; Bill muttered something about getting himself a cup of tea and Fred and George leapt up to accompany him, grinning. "Would you like to join?" Fred asked turning to Y/n.