50

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Fifty: Albus Dumbledore

Both of the men made it to the Astronomy tower after apparating Harry and Dumbledore looked up at the ceiling. Dumbledore glances above, note the clouds. "We need to get you up to the hospital wing, sir, to Madam Pomfrey" Harry quickly said, turning to him.

"No. Severus...Severus is who I need...wake him, please...Tell him what has happened..." Dumbledore replied, "Speak to no one else...I...I shall wait here..." 

Harry gently disengages from Dumbledore, leaves him leaning against the ramparts. He dashes to the stairwell door and, glancing back, sees Dumbledore muttering wearily as he gesticulates with his blackened hand. "Sir, are you...praying?" Harry asked. 

Dumbledore smiled faintly, "No, Harry. I do not pray. I was merely closing a window, the one what had allowed us to Apparate." Harry nods and opens the door, walking out of it. 

Dumbledore cocks his head, listening to the footsteps coming closer to him. Wincing, he straightens up, as if to mask his infirmity. "Hide yourself below. And do not speak or show yourself without my permission. No matter what." Harry looks down, through the latticework at his feet, to the tier below.

Harry hesitates. Dumbledore's eyes blaze, "Trust me." Harry meets Dumbledore's eyes, then pockets his wand and slips down the stairs. As he reaches the level below, The door opened up, Harry peers up through the grid, watches Malfoy come into the tower looking at Dumbledore.

"Good evening, Draco. What brings you out on such a fine spring evening? Or is it Summer? Silly me can't remember even the season..." Dumbledore said with a chuckle holding his hands together. Draco stands poised, wand in hand, eyes darting about. 

"Who else is in here with you?" 

"I talk to myself, helps me think...That which sounds sane at a whisper can seem utterly mad when said for all the world to hear. Haven't been whispering to yourself, have you, Draco?" Draco eyes Dumbledore with unease.

"You are not an assassin, Draco." 

Malfoy looked back over to Dumbledore from the window still pointing his wand at the man, How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you." 

"Cursing Katie Bell, trying to give the necklace to me, Having a bottle of wine laced with poison, and, I'm curious. When Voldemort gave you this task, when he asked you to kill me, was it in a whisper?" 

"He trusts me! I was chosen!" Malfoy thrusts out his arm, pulls back his sleeve and reveals the dark mark, Dumbledore barely looks at it.

"Then I shall make it easy for you." Slowly and without intent, Dumbledore draws his wand. Instantly Malfoy raises his own.

"Expelliarumus!"

Harry watches in horror as Dumbledore's wand flies free, clattering across the grid above. Malfoy watches it roll to a stop, a curious mixture of fear and awe at his own actions. Dumbledore eyes the wand, then Draco. "Well done, Draco. But I warn you. Killing is not nearly as easy."

More footsteps came up the stairway, making their way towards Dumbledore and Malfoy. Four people in black robes walked into the room. Death eaters. A lumpy-looking man with an odd lopsided leer gave a wheezy giggle. "Is Dumbledore concerned?!" he said, "Dumbledore wandless, Dumbledore alone!"

 Bellatrix Lestrange reveals Herself walking over to Malfoy, "well done Draco" 

"Good evening, Amycus, Bellatrix," said Dumbledore calmly, as though welcoming the man to a tea party. "And you've brought Alecto too...charming..."