18

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Chapter Eighteen: Moody's Curses

Y/n, Hermione, Ron, and Harry walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat down. Ron took care to sit on the side facing the doorway because Krum and his fellow Durmstrang students were gathered around it, apparently unsure about where they should sit.

The students from Beauxbatons had chosen seats at the Ravenclaw table. They were looking around the Great Hall with glum expressions on their faces. Three of them were still clutching scarves and shawls around their heads.

"It's not that cold," said Hermione defensively. "Why didn't they bring cloaks?"

"I'm pretty sure, Drumstrang-" Y/n stated before.

"Over here! Come and sit over here!" Ron hissed. "Over here! Y/n, Hermione, budge up, make a space"

The two girls turned to Ron, "What?" Hermione furrowed her eyebrows.

"Too late," said Ron bitterly.

Viktor Krum and his fellow Durmstrang students had settled themselves at the Slytherin table. Y/n could see Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle looking very smug about this. As he watched, Malfoy bent forward to speak to Krum.

"Yeah, that's right, smarm up to him, Malfoy," said Ron scathingly. "I bet Krum can see right through him, though...bet he gets people fawning over him all the time...Where d'you reckon they're going to sleep? We could offer him a space in our dormitory, Harry...I wouldn't mind giving him my bed, I could kip on a camp bed"

Hermione snorted as Y/n shook her head noise deep in the Quibbler. "They look a lot happier than the Beauxbatons lot," said Harry.

"They are differently Veelas" Y/n spoke looking up.

"Veela?" Harry asked confused.

"Veela are charming, nearly-human magical beings who appeared as young, beautiful men and women with most with white-gold hair and moon-bright skin, native to Bulgaria. Their looks and especially their dance was hypnotically seductive to almost all people attracted to men and or women or both," Y/n told Harry who nodded.

The Durmstrang students were pulling off their heavy furs and looking up at the starry black ceiling with expressions of interest; a couple of them were picking up the golden plates and goblets and examining them, apparently impressed.

Up at the staff table, Filch, the caretaker, was adding chairs. He was wearing his moldy old tailcoat in honour of the occasion. Harry was surprised to see that he added four chairs, two on either side of Dumbledore. "But there are only two extra people," Harry said. "Why's Filch putting out four chairs, who else is coming?"

"Eh?" said Ron vaguely. He was still staring avidly at Krum.

Y/n and Hermione looked around to see, When all the students had entered the Hall and settled down at their House tables, the staff entered, filing up to the top table and taking their seats.

Last in line were Professor Dumbledore, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime. When their headmistress appeared, the pupils from Beauxbatons leapt to their feet. A few of the Hogwarts students laughed except Y/n.

"They are not veela's those are myths" Hermione spoke turning to Y/n.

Y/n and Ron who was staring at the woman, "No, they are differently veelas..." Both of them said.

"France is filled with them" Y/n dreamingly stated looking up at Hermione.

Beauxbatons party appeared quite unembarrassed, however, and did not resume their seats until Madame Maxime had sat down on Dumbledore's left-hand side. Dumbledore remained standing, and a silence fell over the Great Hall.