14

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔
Chapter Fourteen: Prisoner Of Azkaban

Y/n, Harry and Hermione, plunge riding Buckbeak, soaring toward the castle. Outside the grounds, the Dementors wait restlessly.

Up ahead, Fudge and Snape enter the Dark Tower, torches in hand. "You were right, Y/n and Hermione. It wasn't my dad I saw earlier. It was... me. I saw myself conjuring the Patronus before. I knew I could do it this time, because... because I'd already done it. Does that make sense?"

Y/n and Hermione contemplate this. "No," Hermione said looking down in fear. "But I don't like this!"

Snape, torch in hand, leads the way as Fudge huffs after. Hermione pushes past Harry. "Alohomora!" Sirius tests the iron Still locked. "Didn't really expect that to work." Snape and Fudge draw closer, "Y/n give me one..." Hermione asked.

Y/n thought of it, "Dunamis, Liberare, Annihilare, Emancipare," Y/n spoke as Hermione tried all of them and they didn't work.

"No. No. No. No."

"You might try --" Sirius interrupted the girls thinking.

"Quiet! I'm trying to think" Hermione spoke.

She resumes pacing, muttering furiously. Then stops and turns to Y/n, "If you-"

Y/n grabbed Hermione's wand knowing already reading the girls mind. "BOMBARDA!" The cell doors fly into the sky. "Always wanted to use that-" Y/n dreamingly said.

"That'll do." Sirius nodded, We see Buckbeak spirit Harry, Hermione and Sirius off the terrace and soar in the sky. Just as Snape and Fudge reach the top of the Tower.

Black puts his hands to Y/n's waist, swings her off Buckbeak and onto the ground next to Harry. "I'll be forever grateful for this. To all of you"

Harry and Sirius walked back as Y/n and Hermione both went to take care of Buckbeak. "I want to go with you."

"One day perhaps. For some time... life will be too... unpredictable. Besides, you're meant to be here." Black claps his shoulder looks him in the eye. "But promise me something, Harry."

"Anything."

"Trust yourself. No matter the challenges you face and I fear they will be many you'll be surprised how many times you can find the answers...here." Sirius pointed at Harrys' heart as Harry looked at the man.

As Sirius climbs atop Buckbeak, shooting star arcs through the heavens. "A shooting star. Make a wish."

Black gives Buckbeak a slap and they soar into the glittering sky. Harry and Hermione stand watching when DING! They wheel. Look to the Clock Tower. "We have to go," Y/n said.

As Y/n Harry and Hermione dash off, rising with them as they race up the tower stairway, then passing through the mechanism and on through to the end of the corridor. The Clock Tower bell thunders.

The door opens as Dumbledore backs out, "By the way, when in doubt, I always find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin... Good luck."

As Dumbledore begins to close the door, Y/n, Harry and Hermione stumble frantically forward, the door about to hit the jamb, when suddenly Dumbledore stops Looks up. "Well?"

"He's free Sirius. We... we did it." Harry stated looking at him.

"Did what?"

With a twinkle in his eye, Dumbledore swings open the door. As Y/n, Harry and Hermione enter. they catch the faintest glimpse of themselves across the room just as they evaporate. Ron blinks. Turns. Frowns. "How'd you two get over there? I was just talking to you... over there."