28

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Professor Umbridge

The four of them were walking towards the castle as Malfoy walked behind them. "I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free. Better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Malfoy teased, looking over at Harry.

Harry jumped forward to punch him as Ron grabbed his arms. Hermione and Y/n both stopped moving to look at the two. Malfoy moved back with a smirk before turning to Crabbe and Goyle. "What'd I tell you? Complete nutter."

"Just stay away from me!" Harry shouted, removing himself out of Ron's arms. Y/n and Hermione continued to walk as Y/n walked next to Harry.

"It's only Malfoy. What'd you expect?" Ron asked turning to Harry. The boy nodded calmed down once Y/n placed her hand on his.

Inside of the great hall, Hogwarts Headmaster, Professor Dumbledore, a wizened old man with a great white beard to his belt and long white hair, stands to address the school. Y/n was now changed into her Gryffindor robes and looking up at Dumbledore.

"Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank...who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures...while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave."

Harry, Y/n, Ron and Hermione all exchanged looks before turning back to Dumbledore. "We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher... Professor Dolores Umbridge."

"She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge." Harry whispered to them as Y/n looked up from her strawberry.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright...happy faces smiling up at me." Umbridge started looking among everyone no one was smiling, not even Y/n who seemed more interested in her strawberry than the conversation. "I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"That's likely." Fred and George both uttered looking up at the woman.

She heard them pursing her lips together, "The Ministry of Magic has always considered...the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster... has brought something new to this historic school...progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved...perfect what can be perfected...and prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

Dumbledore was the only one who clapped causing everyone else to start slowly clapping, "Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating." Dumbledore nodded walking back up to the podium.

"What's it mean?"

"Magic is forbidden in the corridors..." Ron answered with a shrug.

Hermione shook her head, "It means the Ministry's interfering at Hogwarts."

"They must have some belief...he has returned then..." Y/n explained looking at them as they all turned to Umbridge who was smiling and glaring at Harry.

Ron and Hermione had to go show the new first years, where the common room was. Y/n and Harry walked to the common room, "She voted against me, at the ministry" Harry said turning to Y/n who looked up from the floor just with a nod.

"Oh, I'm sorry, repeat that...I'm a bit tired..." Y/n said turning to Harry with a yawn.

He turned to her and saw that the girl was completely out of it. "Nevermind, I'll just tell you tomorrow...You have been up all night yesterday haven't you?" He worryingly asked.