159. Shining for you🌅

Author: MochiLovex

Summary:

Why should the sun be eclipsed by a shadow when it can be with a star just as bright?

Notes:

For astarwatch.

Work Text:

They were attending another Chanel launch party. It was the third they had attended in the last two months and Jimin was dying inside. He'd completed the customary walk around and introductions. The meal was over and now everyone was letting loose and socialising thanks to the open bar. It was loud and chaotic and everything Jimin hated. He loved modelling. Hell, he was good at it. But he despised this part of the job, he was honoured that Chanel had chosen him as an ambassador despite him still being a rookie in the modelling world, but the parties and the banquets were exhausting. There was so much talking and socialising and putting on a smile, it was draining. He loved talking to people, loved making people happy but too much of it made him tired and gave him the headache from hell, he always carried painkillers to events like this for that reason. Jimin much preferred curling up on the couch at home with Mochi, his calico cat, and listening to his boyfriend play overwatch on the computer.

Speaking of his boyfriend, Jimin looked over at the bar, hands tightening on the tablecloth he had been messing with to pass the time. Jungkook looked to be having the time of his life. He was laughing and smiling at everyone surrounding him, leaving everyone semi- in love with him. He was a beautiful sight standing there leaning on the bar with his black suit jacket draped lazily over one shoulder. He looked like the model rather than Jimin. Sometimes, Jimin wondered why Jungkook had decided to become a manager rather than a model himself; with his looks and charisma, he would have been an instant hit. Even now, when everyone knew he was Jimin's manager, photographers and models alike begged for him to collaborate with them, claiming him to be perfect for their upcoming show or collection. They usually requested Jimin after Jungkook had turned them down as if hoping being on the set would convince him to work for them.

Jimin never accepted those jobs, Jungkook wouldn't let him. He always said that those who couldn't accept his choices or see how perfect Jimin was didn't deserve their help in their line of work. He had to put himself first, Jungkook constantly reminded him, knowing that Jimin's quietness mixed with his giving personality meant that he was easily talked into shoots and ideas that he wasn't completely comfortable with but didn't feel he could turn down. One of his first shoots had been an underwear shoot with shots underwater, Jimin hadn't felt comfortable being underwater for so long but hadn't spoken up scared to disrupt the shoot. Jungkook had noticed his discomfort in one of the breaks and asked him about it, once Jimin had told him he had kissed his forehead and spoken to the photographer. Jimin didn't have to be underwater as long after that and he never had to face declining a shoot or idea again. Jungkook always did it for him, with a flash of his confident smile and a few fluff words everyone was always understanding of Jimin's choice not to participate in their shoot, there was never any hard feelings, an almost impossible feat in an industry as cutthroat as Jimin's. But Jungkook was his saviour, always watching out for him and loving him so much Jimin felt like he'd explode from how full the affection and care left him. He'd never felt happiness in his life like he did with Jungkook.

Sometimes, Jimin questioned why Jungkook was with him. He knew he loved him, that was something he never questioned. He just wondered why out of everyone Jungkook could have loved he would choose someone so different to himself, sure they were both beautiful and were known to the press as the 'blinding couple' for how stunning their visuals were next to each other but that was all Jimin had to offer: his looks. He wasn't as confident as Jungkook, or a social butterfly the way Jungkook was. He could hold a conversation and was great at setting the mood of a room on shoots and such, he just preferred to not have to. Long shoots (they were all long shoots) left him tired and on edge by the end, the constant talking, and socialisation left him wanting to hide in bed for days. He liked the quiet, liked lying in bed reading, head on Jungkook's' chest, just enjoying each other's presence. He thrived in the little moments when it was just the two of them. Jungkook. Jungkook was the opposite. The bigger the event, the more attention on him, the more he shined. In another life he'd probably be a pop star, entertaining millions every night. Making everyone adore him.