107. Your Armour📚

Author: tomorrowfics

Summary:

Jungkook's dyslexia-driven life is getting shittier with graduation approaching while Jimin's time to make a choice is running up. What happens when two people seemingly living in completely different worlds yet carrying the same pride, cross paths?

Notes:

This work focuses on topics such as dyslexia and anger management issues. There are also suggestive scenes/undetailed smut, descriptions of extreme overwork and obsessive thoughts so please read with a caution in case any of these themes disturb you.

I apologize for my grammar mistakes in advance.

Chapter Text

"Jungkook , get out. Now."

It's always difficult. Sometimes again, it all feels heavier on his shoulders. Some days he just takes it way more easily than the others; maybe without a certain reason. It was without a fact that today, however, was one of the far worse days. Maybe not the worst kind of worst; but still just difficult enough.

Jungkook's built up chest is rising and falling heavily, intense anger still boiling from his stomach deep into his chest, the dangerous red-like feeling spreading to his heart quickly, like venomous poison. He hears his own heavy breathing, he feels the sting in his eyes, the tears menacing to fall over his eyelids.

Not giving himself another weak moment, Jungkook picks up his backpack, tossing it over his shoulder with no care, in the quite same manner that made him flip over a table minutes before. Maybe he looked scary, maybe he looked dangerous in the eyes of his teachers and classmates, at least when it happened for the first time. He was the only one to know it was all just a pitiful excuse to cover up his own, weakened heart.

The class is silent in the most shitty, piercing kind of way; it's the silence that makes you feel exposed and sacred, but strangely enough, Jungkook doesn't feel any of the fear or shame he was too familiar with anyways.

It's all red.

"Funny, how you like the color regardless", he thinks to himself.

Jungkook tries to ignore the looks of worry from his classmates because he simply had to completely break down again, explode in front of everybody, like he always did when he failed an exam. He heads to the door in quick steps, trying his best not to face his teacher, at least till the time comes again. His fists gritted unconsciously and mind still raging, Jungkook knows a way too well that just one more look of simple pity could break him down, completely.

Jungkook doesn't cry. Maybe it's from a habit: punch things, flip over tables like a man, as his father used to say. Never ever be a kid full of frustrations, completely terrified of failure, despite being the one to experience it on the daily basis. Jungkook was a lot of things, from which he liked many: he liked the fact that he could run for hours, he liked the fact that he could do 300 pushups per day; he liked the way people always seemed to be drawn to him for some reason - he loved the way he painted. One thing he absolutely, completely, utterly hated was the fact that he couldn't nail things others called easy.

Copying. Reading fast. Telling the difference between left and right, east and west. Solving basic math problems –

Easy.

Jungkook walks down school hallways, waves back to a few people and god if he doesn't get his shit together he's gonna fail the semester which leads to walking down the same damn hallways approximately 300 more times then he would have wished to. He shakes his head, throwing it slightly back, allowing the lights to blind him, urging the tears to sink back underneath his skin. The white stripped ceiling is soon replaced by tainted blue sky, slowly fading to darkness in pinkish undertones and Jungkook wipes away the remains of tears underneath his eyes, before pulling out his keys and sitting into his mother's old car, turning it on and speeding away.