34.When the day met the night🖋

Author: graesun

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/6417007

Summary:
Me dying, Jungkook writes, drawing an arrow to the sad, ugly flower on his skin.

He waits a beat, but that's all it takes. A few seconds, and his soulmate is replying, drawing a sun above the flower.

Me bringing you back to life, scrawls next to the sun with an arrow.

Soulmate au where when you write something on your skin with pen/marker/whatever the hell you want, it will show up on your soul mates skin as well.

Notes:
for jess. happy birthday, cutie! ♡♡

inspired by this. cross-posted on tumblr.

Work Text:
Jungkook rests his face on the table in front of him. It's kind of difficult with the numerous books smushed on too small of a surface, not to mention the highlighter that has rolled down the page and into his hair, but Jungkook is determined to rest. The tabletop is cold and smooth and his eyes hurt and he really needs just to clock out. Just for a second.

Needless to say, it's finals week.

His brain feels like it's oozing out of his ears. He's been up since eight in the morning. He's been in the library, at a final, and then right back to studying again. He's eaten one croissant, two bags of chips, a banana, and like, four red bulls. Such is life while practically living in the library. He even brought a blanket.

Once his face seems to stop contorting in pain just from opening his eyes, Jungkook takes the highlighter that fell on his head. If there's anyone that can rejuvenate him enough to keep working, it's his soulmate.

He draws a quick sketch of a flower on his arm. His skin is clear for once; he and his soulmate both agreed they need to keep his arm as undistracting as possible while Jungkook studies, though his soulmate had finished his finals just the day before.

The flower turns out kind of ugly. Jungkook is the opposite of an artist (unlike his very talented soulmate), and his highlighter is too big and clunky to draw very neatly. Not to mention Jungkook's brain is in the process of melting.

Me dying, Jungkook writes, drawing an arrow to the sad, ugly flower.

He waits a beat, but that's all it takes. A few seconds, and his soulmate is replying, drawing a sun above the flower.

Me bringing you back to life, scrawls next to the sun with an arrow.

Jungkook smiles. He draws a small heart, and his soulmate replies with hearts up to his elbow.

It leaves Jungkook blushing in the library with his hands on his face.

"Seriously?"

"What?" Jimin whines. "It's finals week."

Namjoon throws his hands up in mock-surrender, and Jimin continues drawing hearts until his whole arm is covered.

Jimin is out at the bar to celebrate the end of his finals, but he honestly can't help but worry over his cute little soulmate, wherever he is, still suffering through.

"You guys are gross," Yoongi says, approaching the table with two mugs of beer. He and Hoseok sit down, and Jimin points to the matching drawings on their faces, one tiny heart on each cheek.

"Says you."

Yoongi looks up, confused, but then his eyes widen and he turns to Hoseok.

"Really?"