103. this night is sparkling 🧥

Author: daegust

Summary:

Jimin has been feeling a strong affection for Jungkook, the cute junior of his school, since a long time now. Taehyung definitively spot the change when Jimin is wearing a vest smelling like cologne. But then again, what does he know about Jungkook and Jimin. (school au)

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Taehyung is the first one to notice that something has changed with his best friend, wrinkling his eyes in a suspect way and leaning against Jimin. "That's totally weird, you don't smell like cinnamon today." he suddenly says, pressing his cold nose against the neck of his best friend to sniff at his skin.

Jimin shivers at the contact and wriggle on his seat to try to get rid of Taehyung. He gives up to concentrate on his mathematics exercises, copying the notes of the always top of the class aka Kim Namjoon, the senior everyone wanted to slap because of how annoying he was whenever he'd open his mouth. Taehyung spends an arm around his size to keep him near him.

"You know, it's not because my father works in a bakery that I have to smell like cinnamon. " Jimin retorts, attentive to what he writes. Taehyung frowns his nose, rubbing it against the neck. He couldn't be fooled about something like his best friend scent, he was smelling cinnamon from him since he first got into school and met him.

"But you always smell like cinnamon, trust me, or at least trust my nose. " Jimin shakes his head, a smirk stretching his lips upward. He was used to the strange behavior of Kim Taehyung, the official weirdo of the school and officially his best friend, though there was times when he too would be surprised by something he did.

"And why would you put cologne anyway, you always say that you hates it when your father does. " Taehyung changed his position, to hook one of his legs on his friend's knees.

From where he was sitting, he could clearly see the way Jimin's eyes opened wide and the way he swallowed like something was stuck in his throat. Something like a lie. "Well, maybe...I changed my mind. " Jimin mumbles, rubbing his eyebrow with his thumb, his teeth digging into his lower lip.

Taehyung shrugs, not wanting to argue with Jimin. When he raised his eyes however, he didn't expect to find a junior looking at him like he wanted to murder him and hide his body in a trash can.

Taehyung makes a sign to him with a warm smile, thinking about letting him joining them for once, but Jungkook gives him one last furious glare before spinning on his heels and going back to the basketball court where he was usually playing during breaks.

" I swear to god, something's fucking wrong with Jeon Jungkook. I don't even know what the kid holds against me. " he mutters slowly, stealing Jimin's pen to copy Namjoon's notes too.

When Jimin raises his head to look for the junior Taehyung was talking about, almost excepting to see his bunny smile, he only meets his back retreating to the basketball court.

---

The secret of the cologne wasn't coming from a change of mind, to tell the truth. Jimin hadn't really understood how it happened exactly and what gods were against him that morning, but he had found himself wet from head to toes when a joke concerning a bucket of water ended up on him.

Of course, he had a spare pant in his bag, the one he'd used for basketball matches, but nothing would save his hoodie. Jeon Jungkook came just then, in all his glory, and Jimin thought about squatting behind a bush to hide, because god only knows the the magnetic pull the younger had on him.