8.You're So Important To Me 💋

Author: ParkJiminieIsAMochicake

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18434657

Summary:
Maybe it was the way he clung onto someone when laughing or the affectionate way he cares for people. It didn't matter anyway, Jungkook has already settled on the fact that he hates Jimin's guts.

OR Jungkook used to hate Jimin, but now feelings have changed.

Work Text:
Jungkook (7), Jimin (9)

Jungkook was 6 months into second grade when a new student arrived in the class next door. It was odd since not a lot of students moved to Busan. In fact, the city was declining in population.

Everyone talked about the new student, Jimin. Said boy was described to be cute, smart, funny, and talented in contemporary dance. Not only that, but he was also said to be quite shy. Everyone in his class AND Jungkook's class was charmed by him immediately. Expect for Jungkook, of course.

"I don't get it," Jungkook sighed. "What's so special about him? He looks normal to me."

Jungkook's best friend, Taehyung, slapped his forehead. "Look at him, he's a freaking angel. He'll probably be an omega. You're just jealous because he's in my class and not yours." Upon hearing those words, Jungkook gagged and pushed Taehyung away from him. "Jealous? No way. He's just a pretty boy who thinks he can get anything he wants."

"That's cold, bro, even for you."

"Whatever." Jungkook scoffs, then turns away to get ready for class.

...

During lunch, Taehyung invites Jimin to come and join his group for lunch. Unfortunately, that group includes Jungkook. And Jungkook does NOT like Jimin at all. Jimin has been nothing but friendly to Jungkook and his friends, but there was something about him that Jungkook didn't like. Maybe it was the way he clung onto someone when laughing or the affectionate way he cares for people. It didn't matter anyway, Jungkook has already settled on the fact that he hates Jimin's guts. Even though Jimin had adorable chubby cheeks with plump, pink lips and a head full of messy blonde hair, Jungkook would not show mercy.

"-kook."

"Jungkook, are you listening to me?"

"Hmm?" Jungkook says, looking up at Taehyung, trying hard to avoid the friendly gaze of Jimin.

"I said, Jimin and I are heading to class, so we'll see you later," Taehyung says, nudging Jimin to come and walk with him to class in which Jimin happily obliges. Jungkook is left at the table, alone. Now, he really, really, hates Jimin. He sent a sharp glare towards the direction Taehyung and Jimin walked off in. "What an idiot," Jungkook muttered under his breath, not sure if he addressed it at Jimin or Taehyung. Maybe both.

From that day on, Jungkook made sure to steer clear of Park Jimin no matter where he was or who he was with. This left Jimin confused and hurt because he thought he did something wrong when he was actually being the sweetest angel in the whole world.

Jungkook (10), Jimin (12)

Eventually, Jungkook was able to bear sitting in the same room with Jimin. It was less hate now, and more neutral. Taehyung wasn't able to stand having two of his best friends avoid each other like the plague. Sure, there was lots of fighting between the two, but at least there was communication. Jungkook grew to understand that Jimin was just a naturally touchy person who liked depending on people. Everyone said that Jimin would present as an omega one day, and Jungkook didn't doubt it for a second. All of the boys' actions were so incredibly graceful and delicate. Jimin was like a fragile porcelain doll.