88.more golden than a golden snitch🥇

Author: aborescent

Summary:

Everyone knows that the first year Slytherin seeker Jeon Jungkook's biggest fan is not from his own house but a third year Hufflepuff named Park Jimin.

Notes:

assume they've been aged up a little and hogwarts is more like seven years of college.

this is for @koookie on tumblr bc i only picked this fic up again from the land of unfinished fic bc of her jikook hp fanart

if you're like a hardcore hp fan, go easy on me in terms of how accurate shit is. i did my best.

Work Text:

Everyone knows that the first year Slytherin seeker Jeon Jungkook's biggest fan is not from his own house but a third year Hufflepuff named Park Jimin.

It's not to the point where Jimin has a poster of Jeon Jungkook in his room or anything but...ok maybe a small magical polaroid he took during one of the games. But it's only a polaroid or twenty. ((shut up Taehyung, stop laughing)). Anyways, it's just that Jimin maybe cheers for Slytherin during Slytherin vs Gryffindor or Ravenclaw games and maybe cheers quietly in his heart during Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff games. And maybe wishes...

"Have you ever talked to him?" Taehyung asks at lunch and Jimin wrinkles his nose.

"Of course not."

"Why not?" Taehyung asks with a mouth full of food. Jimin grimaces and hands him his goblet of water. "It's not like he's a celebrity."

"He kind of is," Jimin says. "But anyways I'm a muggleborn." He sighs, poking at his food. "And Slytherins don't like muggleborns. It's okay though. I don't really have a chance to begin with."

"Well I'm sure he at least knows of you. You scream really loudly when he catches the Snitch. And you make posters."

"I...yeah..." Jimin says, trying to hide how red his ears are behind his goblet because he really does scream pretty loudly. But hey, his posters are pretty.

--

"Taehyung, who is that? And am I dreaming?" Jimin asks calmly and Taehyung blinks at him before turning around.

"Holy shit is that Jeon Jungkook sitting at our table?" Taehyung says incredulously. "Holy fuck."

"What is he doing at our table?" Jimin says faintly right as Seokjin catches sight of them and waves them over.

"Go, Jimin," Taehyung laughs, pushing him forward, and Jimin stumbles to the table in a daze.

"Say hi to Jungkook and Yoongi, guys," Seokjin says. "We're friends now. Guys, this is Jimin. And that's Taehyung."

"Hey there~" Taehyung grins and Jimin squeaks out a 'hello'.

Jungkook looks up. "Oh. You're the..."

Jimin flushes. "Yup that's him. Your number one fan," Taehyung quips and Jimin barely resists the urge to smack Taehyung. God, he's even more gorgeous up close, Jimin thinks. Chiseled jaw, big, dark eyes, and black hair falling softly into his eyes.

"Hm," Jungkook says and returns to eating his lunch.

It's a pretty lukewarm response. Downright cold response actually, and Taehyung looks a little offended on his behalf, but Jimin pats him in a silent 'it's okay' because at least he hadn't been outright laughed at.

--

Yoongi and Jungkook start sitting at their table more often now but Jungkook and Jimin still haven't spoken much to each other. Well, it's not like he's only not talking to Jimin; Jungkook just doesn't talk much period. He's noticed that about Jungkook, the way he'll look around with big eyes, listening in on the conversation but never contributing unless spoken to. Which is fine. Taehyung and Hoseok talk enough for the rest of them anyways. And had it been anyone else, Jimin would have been included in that group. Maybe would have had enough courage to try and engage Jungkook in conversation too like Taehyung's had a few times.