98. couch confessions💕

Author: jikookflower

Summary:

The worst part was that the jealousy that ate away at his insides wasn't directed towards Jimin. No - he was jealous of every single girl who saw Jimin's smile, who felt his kisses, who experienced the feeling of his hand intertwined with theirs.

Which didn't make sense, right?

Of course it didn't. Jungkook was a boy, after all, and everyone knew that boys didn't like other boys. Couldn't like other boys. So he ignored it - or, at least, he tried to.

Notes:

my tumblr is @jungkook-flower.tumblr.com
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

"Hey, tell me when the teacher turns around," Jimin muttered to Jungkook as he slipped his phone out of his pocket, eyes flicking down from the board to read a chunk of text littered with heart emojis. Jungkook felt his stomach tug with the familiar sensation of jealousy, but he ignored it and gave a small nod, reluctantly tearing his eyes away from Jimin's phone and back to the board.

He wasn't sure when the constant texts Jimin received from countless girls had started to annoy him. Jimin had always been pretty popular, with his cute laugh, warm eyes, and playful personality. Even when they were small, bumbling kids on the playground, Jungkook could remember girls poking at Jimin's chubby cheeks and leading him around by his hand. And of course Jungkook had never thought anything of it - everyone loved Jimin, it had always been that way.

But then they hit puberty, and suddenly, inexplicably, Jungkook had begun to feel an uncomfortable tug in his gut every time a pretty girl smiled at Jimin in the hallways. However, it was probably sometime between thirteen and fourteen when it had really become apparent - the bitterness that rose up in his throat when Jimin's phone buzzed more and more regularly. And when Jimin fell in love for the first time with the pretty little bird in their PE class, Jungkook felt a horrible mixture of uncontainable rage and crippling insecurity. The vicious satisfaction he had felt when she broke his heart had left him achingly guilty - but that still wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that the jealousy that ate away at his insides wasn't directed towards Jimin. No - he was jealous of every single girl who saw Jimin's smile, who felt his kisses, who experienced the feeling of his hand intertwined with theirs.

Which didn't make sense, right?

Of course it didn't. Jungkook was a boy, after all, and everyone knew that boys didn't like other boys. Couldn't like other boys. So he ignored it - or, at least, he tried to.

The bell signalling the end of their class rang and Jimin returned his phone to his pocket, slinging his bag over his shoulder. He turned to Jungkook with a winning smile as the younger boy stuffed his binder into his backpack.

"Guess who has a date tonight," he said in a sing-song voice.

Tug.

"Oh. I thought we were hanging out tonight though," Jungkook said, staring at his friend numbly.

"Ah, right," Jimin cringed apologetically. "Tomorrow?" When Jungkook didn't respond, he tugged at his sleeve. "Aw, don't be like this Jungkookie. Maybe we could arrange a double date or something."

"No, it's fine," Jungkook said, pulling his arm away.

"Seriously, I'm sure we could arrange something! Seungki-ah has lots of friends." He waved off Jungkook's feeble protests, hand slipping into his pocket to pull out his phone. "Besides, when was the last time you've been on a date?"