15.One Too Many🍻

Author: Bunbungee (orphan_account)

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/11566932

Summary:
"Waah, little Jungkookie is getting bold!" Jimin interrupts, smiling good-naturedly. He hopes that will dissipate the premises of the sticky situation that is sure to develop if they don't tone it down. Never drink and argue. "'Little Jungkookie'?" Jungkook snorts back. "Have you seen yourself? Next you're going to pretend that you've got a bigger dick than me or something." Hoseok audibly gasps and Seokjin shrieks Jungkook's name in horror.

Work Text:
It's Thursday night, they've just come back from their manager's favorite barbecue restaurant and now they're having a post-concert tour party in the dorm because god forbid that they create a riot—and most certainly shady scandal articles—in some bar.  They're all gathered in the living room, sitting around the coffee table in various levels of acceptable position, and playing a drinking card game that Namjoon has learned from a tour crew member. It's going suspiciously well so far but they will probably switch to karaoke soon because Taehyung and Hoseok are getting a bit restless.

Most of them are barely tipsy but the night is still young and Seokjin is pouring a third serving of soju shots so there's no doubt that it will be a good one. Hoseok's face is already shining red and they all dissolve in laughter at the slightest excuse of a joke so they should be blind drunk in about an hour. Unless Taehyung demands that they go sudden death mode again.

The jokes slowly morph into good-natured teasing and of course Jungkook can't fall behind on that. At some point, Seokjin and Jimin seem to think that it's time to give him a taste of his own medicine and poke some fun back at him. It's all fun and games, really.

"Well, let me tell you- I wasn't going to tell you but-" Seokjin sputters, exaggerating his offended tone for comical effect, "but I actually have two pairs and if this round had lasted longer I would have crushed you! Hah!"

"C'mon Jungkook, just admit you can't bluff and try to show some respect to your hyungs," Jimin smiles after laughing so much he has to lean on Seokjin's side.

It's all fun and games, really, until Jungkook takes it too far.

"First, you'd have to start looking like a hyung," Jungkook says airily, like it's none of his business.

Jimin barely scoffs, more than used to Jungkook's disrespect of the two years that separate them, but if he wants it to change someday he can't just let it slide. He is tempted to give up and ignore him entirely, not even bothering with a pointed look and a frown, because it is all getting so repetitive and devoid of any sense after more than five years of playing the same game. But he will humor Jungkook again tonight, will add some piquant to it even, and hopefully sometime soon the younger boy will finally give it a rest.

"Hey, Jeon Jungkook, don't forget that I learned to walk before you could even hold your head upright!"

Chuckles erupt from all around the table. They spur Jimin on, as well as the few fruit flavored soju shots he's already had.

"My balls dropped well before yours, huh? Don't forget that!" he adds in mock threat, eyebrows raised and eyes uncharacteristically wide open. He looks like a drunk uncle for a second, before reverting back to his usual round cheeks and sleepy eyes that disappear even further under his lids as he laughs along with the other members.

"Are you sure? Looks more like you don't have any balls to begin with," Jungkook says, a smirk on his face.

The laughs dwindle down. Taehyung is staring at Jungkook with his mouth agape.

"Hey-" Yoongi starts.

"Waah, little Jungkookie is getting bold!" Jimin interrupts, smiling good-naturedly. He hopes that will dissipate the premises of the sticky situation that is sure to develop if they don't tone it down. Never drink and argue.