2.These things take forever (i especially am slow)❄️

Author: bookworm1805

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/5742601?view_adult=true

Summary:
In which Jungkook does his level best to be a functioning person, but then Jimin shows up to school in a fluffy oversized sweater skimming the tops of his gorgeous thighs and clutched around his tiny hands like sweater paws, and everything goes to shit.

Notes:
my first fic in the bts and kpop fandom! please be kind :)
inspired by the gratuitous sweater wearing from the bts cru who always look so fucking cute and cuddly, THIS ONE GOES OUT TO YOU PARK JIMIN
crossposted on tumblr here x
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:
It's 10:23 am. Lecture starts at 10:30 and Jungkook's hands are starting to sweat from the two steaming cups of coffee in his grasp, but a text from Jimin while he waited at the coffee kiosk reading "FUKC OVERSLPET WAIT 4 ME " keeps Jungkook shivering in his spot outside the Music building, watching his breath puff into steamy clouds in front of him as he wiggles in place to keep warm.

He takes a sip from the cup in his left hand and grimaces – disgusting, must be Jimin's – then takes a sip from the right. Ah, much better. Those four packets of sugar went to good use.

Just as he's beginning to grow anxious that Jimin won't make it in time, and his loyalty for his hyung battles with his desire for perfect attendance, his phone buzzes in his pocket. He sighs and contemplates how to reach the phone in his back pocket while juggling two cups of coffee, thinking that maybe Jimin has decided to skip class entirely and leave Jungkook stranded. Instead, he ends up forgetting about the phone entirely and almost dropping the cups when he notices a figure jogging toward him frantically.

It's a fluffy-haired collegiate, undoubtedly late for class, dark hair billowing as he runs, in skin tight dark denim jeans, an oversized sweater and—

And sweater paws.

Park Jimin has sweater paws.

You know sweater paws. That thing that happens when someone small and cute wears an over-large jacket or sweater, and the hem drags down over their hands until all you can see are their teeny-tiny fingers poking out, and said small person clutches at the sleeve in their hand instead of rolling it up so it would fit properly.

Jungkook has heard about sweater paws in theory, in fluffy romcoms, in Taehyung's secret fanfiction journal, but he's never seen them in real life. He kind of thought they were a bit like unicorns – a beautiful fantasy, but who would really wear such an ill-fitting sweater? But Park Jimin has actual sweater paws and holy shit he gets it now. He's so cute. He's. So. Cute.

The air leaves his lungs and Jungkook can't move. All of his internal processing has shut off, except for the connection between his eyes and his brain as his neurons fire at double-time to comprehend the existence of the person before him. He forgets about his phone, and the coffee, and his fucking lecture; what was it again, music theory? Intermediate songwriting? He doesn't know. He doesn't care.

Because Jimin looks like the world's snuggliest and softest teddy bear. He looks like a baby kitten , with his shower-clean and ruffled brown hair and happy squishy cheeks.

Fuckfuckfuck he's slowing down now, he's waving and smiling at Jungkook with those tiny fucking sunshine eyes and Jungkook feels hot, like there's a fire deep in his bones spreading through his tissue and veins. The affection inside him builds up like a pressure cooker, threatening to crush him from the inside, and his blood vessels are going to rupture and he's going to fucking die of internal bleeding holy shit.

God, no one should smile like that, who smiles like that? Like the brightest star in the galaxy is inside Jimin's chest, kept safe and warm right next to his heart, and escapes in great flashes of warmth and light through his teeth when he smiles? Like, what fucking god or cosmic phenomena decided this was a good fucking idea? Why didn't they take Jungkook's health into account? Or the health of every innocent bystander and citizen? It's a fucking safety hazard. It's why parents and teachers always tell you not to stare too long at the sun: