136. Where the friendship ends and love begins💕

Author: hitsukaze

Summary:

Jimin and Jungkook were best friends since they were little pups.
Best friends with a connection running way deeper than a normal friendship. Best friends, both painfully obvious to each other real feelings.

What would happen if fate decided to give the pair a little push? How would their story unfold?

Notes:

For bunchuu.
Hello everyone!

My input to the JiKook pack dynamics ABO fest is here.
That being said, I hope you'll enjoy the read!

PS. With dedication to bunchuu.
I hope I gave your prompt justice and that you'll be happy with the story!

Work Text:

To say that Jungkook had a bad day was an understatement. Every single thing that had the slightest possibility to go wrong, went wrong. His alarm didn't ring which made him wake up a few hours later than he was supposed to. Because of that, he didn't have time for a shower or even a morning coffee. He also missed his duty in the den's common kitchen and even after running like crazy, arrived late at school for his art class. Plus, he felt stuffy and nauseous, which was making him even more upset.

When he stopped in front of the classroom door, he took a few deep breaths and finally opened the door, mentally preparing himself for a disaster caused by dozen of unsupervised four-year-old pups.
To his surprise, he was greeted by a clean room and all of the pups sitting in a circle in the center of the room, surrounding the one person in the middle.
He felt a sudden wave of relief and fondness wash over him, as he recognized the grey hair pulled back into a ponytail and the posture of the man who was preoccupying the kids.

Jimin.

His closest friend since childhood and also the love of his life. Well, only Jungkook was aware of the second part and that wasn't going to change any time soon, with him being too afraid to confess and ruin the close friendship they had.
He shook his head and walked into the room, finally announcing his presence by clearing his throat. It only took a second, for twelve pairs of eyes to shoot up, and childish shouts to erupt in the room. In no time, he was surrounded by pups who were trying to give his legs a hug and at the same time drag him along to the center of the room. He laughed airily and he patted a few of his students' heads as he followed them deeper into the classroom.
He only lifted his eyes again, when he was hit by the smell of warm summer rain, which clouded his senses and made his inner omega purr with content, suddenly his discomfort and nausea disappeared like they never were there.

"Hey there Jungkookie. The pups were all worried about you..." I was worried about you. - was what Jimin's eyes were telling, when he looked straight back into Jungkook ones, his face scrunched in a small frown.

"Ah...I'm so sorry Hyung. I don't know why my alarm didn't ring today. I ran straight here as soon as I woke up!" He muttered while casting his eyes downwards and accidentally locking them with one of the kids, still clutching his legs. He immediately smiled at the pup, who didn't break the eye contact, staring at him curiously with his big, sparkling eyes.

"I can see that, baby." Jimin muttered, his frown melting into a fond expression when he reached his arms out and smoothened out the collar of Jungkook's wrinkly shirt. "I won't keep you away from the pups any longer, or they'll never let you go, in the end. I'll take my leave now." With those words Jimin moved away, walking out from Jungkook's personal space, much to his inner omega's dismay. Thankfully Jungkook somehow managed to successfully shut down his wolf instincts deep inside and keep his calm expression.