123. Bitter, Sweet & Symphony💿

Author: dalraenimaus

Sumary:

Jimin has just arrived to New York City, He's here to study at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology). On his way to the first day of school, the anxiety, the nerves and the bitterness invade him , which leads him to meet Jungkook, an Art Student and part-timer employee at a Music Store.

Notes:

In response to a prompt by Anonymous in the retrojikook collection.t

Work Text:
The sound of the traffic wasn't his favorite but he couldn't do anything about it, he had to deal with it. The Big Apple was all about sounds and lights. He couldn't see the stars in the night sky but he could study what he wanted and get his dream job. It wasn't Paris but New York was a good place to learn about fashion design, better than his little hometown in the south of California.

Jimin walked down the 27th street and saw the little crowd in the entrance of the FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology). He felt the bile rise up his throat, he had to stop walking. He was about to throw up.

Jimin stood under the canvas of a shop, leaning against the wall he pressed his forehead to the cold concrete and took a few deep breaths. When the bitter liquid stopped threatening him about being completely expelled from his body, he looked at his wristwatch. He had ten minutes to put himself together before the class started.

"You know, that is not very hygienic of you". A deep but tender voice warned him. Jimin tilted his head in the direction where the voice was coming.

A tall guy was leaning in the doorway of the shop with a half smile on his face. Jimin began to separate from the wall, he could feel how the other young man was looking at him, when the smoke from the cigarette the guy just lit hit him, forcing him to lean against the wall once again.

"I'm sorry, but, Could you please move away a little? I'm not feeling very well and the smoke is not helping...". Jimin asked, his voice muffled by the sleeve of his sweater. Jimin heard how the guy stepped on something and moved a little closer. The ashes and the cigarette lying on the floor at their feet.

"Can I help you? Do you need something?". The guy asked, concerned in his voice. "You look pale, do you want a glass of water? Or, do you want me to call someone?". The questions were overflowing Jimin's ability to process anything.

"I will accept the water". Jimin said with some difficulty, he started to turn around slowly so he could rest his back on the wall, but the world started spinning. With the little strength he had he grabbed the first thing on hand and closed his hands in fists, feeling the cotton filling them. A hand rested on his back kindly.

"Can you walk or do you want me to help you move?". The warm breath of the stranger caressed his cheek, a little gasp escaped from his mouth. He was way too close, but he didn't know if he would be able to stand by his own will.

"I don't know... I don't know if I can...". Jimin answered, face hidden in the crack of the stranger's neck. The other hummed in response. The sweet fragrance emanating from the stranger was the opposite of the style of clothing he was wearing. To his delight, the perfume calmed him down and did not make him gag as he feared at first.

"That's all I need to know". The stranger said before putting an arm around his back and bending down a little to pass the other arm under his legs to lift him off the ground like he was a feather. Bridal style, the guy walked inside the shop and set down Jimin on a little taboret. "I'm going to get a glass of water. If you need something or feel worse, or... whatever, just... yell". Explained with his doe eyes wide open, Jimin nodded and tried to smile at the stranger.