82.my, what big teeth you have⛓

Author: jonghyunslisterine

Link: https://www.archiveofourown.org/works/12556880

Summary:
Jimin's locked in a cellar with Jungkook on the night of the full moon, and the only way to stop the werewolf from killing him is by becoming his mate.

Notes:
(the real title should be 'my, what a big dick you have')

i really hope you like this ;_; i originally started writing for the nightingale au prompt you provided, but that was turning into massive 60k monster, so i switched to this one in the interest of meeting the deadline! i'd still like to finish the other one for you too, so i'll gift that to you whenever i complete it ^_^
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

The people of Jimin's backwards little town don't like anything out of the ordinary.

They say Jimin's mother was a witch, but he's never heard his father confirm it. They say she used to mix potions under the guise of healing brews and feed them to the innocent townsfolk who never grew aware of it until they had already begun to change. They say she even had a lover who was a vampire. Somehow amid all this defamation, Jimin's father remained unscathed. He was a simple man, they said, who worked hard to support his family, entirely unaware of his wife's true nature.

They say she'd cursed the town with her last breaths before they hung her from the great oak tree outside the bathhouse.

Jimin was four when she died. He can still remember the way her legs had kicked in the hangman's dance as her pretty face began to swell and turn an ugly shade of purple. His father doesn't like to talk about her, but when Jimin was young he used to tell him the same words every time he asked. Things are never as they seem .

Sometimes he resents his father for giving him so little, but the words don't leave him. They're the reason, perhaps, that he sneaks out in the middle of the night when he's twelve to unlock the door to the cellar where they lock the vampire they catch by the river. He's barely a few years older than him, and he'd cried when they caught him. He'd only been feeding off a rabbit. His father's words are the reason he hides a pregnant woman in town in his closet at fifteen when they accuse her of being a witch. They're the reason he gives her all the money he's saved up in a purse under his pillow and sends her off from town before they even catch wind of her disappearance - his father's words, and the kindness the woman had always shown to him growing up.

And his father's words are the reason his stomach clenches with fear when they drag a werewolf through the dirt and to the town hall - not fear for the way the werewolf thrashes, the way he maims two of the village men in his fury, the way he glares at them with the fury of a vicious, cornered animal. Jimin's afraid for him, not of him.

"Don't get involved," his father says, but Jimin's already on his way toward the town hall.

It takes four men to hold the werewolf down, and he's still in his human form. Even as they force him to kneel before the council of elders, he struggles, teeth snapping and limbs thrashing.

"We found him by the river," one of the men says, out of breath from restraining him. Even so, the pure hatred in his voice is unhindered. "Says he's packless. A rogue."

Jimin steps carefully through the circle of onlookers, people from the town with nothing better to do than stick their noses in new business. They like seeing outsiders suffer; Jimin's learned that very well over the years. The werewolf's young, dark hair falling into his eyes, and he's strong. Jimin can see the way his muscles tense under his thin shirt, see the force in the clench of his jaw. He looks like he's been rogue for awhile; there are scars on his corded forearms and a long one on his neck.