89. worth the wait🐱

Author: dinominmin

Summary:

Where veterinarian Jimin meets his Hogwarts crush Jungkook years later when he brings his sick cat in for a check up, and perhaps finds out that his crush wasn't so one-sided after all.

Notes:

Don't know why but I was sucked into the world of Hogwarts Jikook.
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:
It's a ridiculous notion to think one can control who they have feelings for, but sometimes Jimin really wishes he could. Because for the past three years at Hogwarts he's been unable to think about anyone other than Ravenclaw golden boy, Jeon Jungkook.

Jeon Jungkook with his dark wavy hair and deep expressive eyes.

With his cute little laugh and the adorable way he flies in victory loops when he successfully scores during a quidditch match.

With his soothing alpha scent, a combination of linen and lavender that is so gentle yet alluring at the same time.

It would take days to list all of Jungkook's wonderful traits, but the issue was that Jimin wasn't the only person who found himself nodding off in divination to daydreams of holding hands with him. There was constantly some omega or another trying to confess to him, gifting him enchanted candles that would burn their scent so thickly that it would cling onto Jungkook for days on end. Or perhaps handmade jewelry in the hopes he would wear it as a symbol of accepting their affection.

But week after week, Jungkook would politely decline the advances, tilting his head and scratching at the back of his neck with a pretty blush, using his words in such a way that they would make people feel happy even as they were being rejected by him.

Jungkook was just that kind of guy.

So perhaps after being encouraged by his friend Seokjin to just go for it and get his feelings off his chest, Jimin managed to work up the courage to confess his interest in the Ravenclaw. As Seokjin said, the worst case scenario would be getting to see Jungkook's shy yet flattered expression as he lets Jimin down slowly. And in only a few months they might very well never see each other again, graduation was right around the corner after all.

So what did Jimin have to lose?

But it's as he makes his way onto the quidditch pitch with a small figurine of a bunny that he's charmed to purr and twitch its ears when pet, that he's met with an unfortunate surprise. That Jimin realizes perhaps he had far more to lose than he thought— if the growing pang in his chest is anything to go by.

Because Jungkook isn't just doing drills alone as Jimin had assumed.

He's on the ground, broom discarded on the green as he stands up against the goalpost, one palm pressed against it, and body hunched forward as he kisses a pretty Slytherin omega from their year. It's sweet and gentle the way he cups their cheek and how they tug lightly on his practice uniform.

Jimin longs to know what that would feel like, and it pains him to think that he never will.

But despite the painful disappointment clawing up his throat, Jimin feels a slight warmth at the thought of Jungkook truly caring for someone-- of finding a mate that he feels a connection to.

It's bittersweet wanting the best for someone who doesn't like you back.

Who barely even knows you exist.

So with a wobbly lip and lopsided smile Jimin turns on his heel and trudges back up to the castle-- plopping into his bed with a shaky sigh and discarding the enchanted figurine at the bottom of his empty trunk.