171. Someday✈️

Author: Jawbreaker_13

Summary:

In which the soon-to-be CEO of Park Industries comes back to Seoul and things get complicated.

Notes:

This is the sequel to Beautiful pain so you might wanna read that before reading this one, since there is a lot of references to it.
(The author is sorry for being such a sucker for angst)

Work Text:

6 years since Jimin was sent to New York, 6 years in which he was forced into studies that he never wanted to do in the first place, 6 years since he had parted ways with Jungkook.

He has been working for this firm for a year now, right after he had obtained his MBA (Master of Business Administration). Instead of going back to Korea right after obtaining his diploma, his dad made him stay in New York to have more working experience. Looking for a job wasn't a difficult task, just the initials NYU (New York University) was enough to show his capacities, one of the perks of going to the university that is ranked first in New York.

Truthfully, his first year in the States was excruciatingly difficult, new country, new language, new people. Jimin was lost and emotionally drained, he spent the first two weeks crying himself to sleep every night, pillow stained the next morning. He missed Jungkook so much.

Life in university was hard and understanding a word out of three in every sentence didn't help the situation, but Jimin is smart and hard working, he caught up on what he lacked (which was the language) by learning English every day for at least 3 hours.

Funny enough, even though the reason he cried every night was the fact of not having the younger by his side, he was also able to endure all the pain thanks to the pics Yerin gave them, the ones of him and Jungkook at his graduation. So when he said that Jungkook was his weakness and his strength, he wasn't lying, not even a tiny bit.

The ring, oh the ring, the effects it had on Jimin are similar to the one in Inception movie, reminding him of how he owns the other's heart but never his body, it keeps him down to earth, yet it makes him dream about their non-existent future together.

Jimin wore it on his ring finger, mainly to spare him unnecessary flirting from others, Jimin knows he has a good physique but he wasn't interested in any kind of relationship at all. That is until he finally decides to take it off, which was the day Jungkook got married. He was informed a month in advance by his own parents, it was his second year in New York and also the younger's 18th year, he knew that day would come and he had a month to be mentally ready to let go. On D-Day, Jimin wanted to call Jungkook for an unknown reason, he couldn't decide on what to say, between I Love You, Congrats or Goodbye, any of those meant something was ending anyway, adding to that an official paper testifying Jungkook's marital status : taken, married, unavailable, oh how Jimin hated those words. He ended up calling his parents, asking them to congratulate the younger for him. Unexpectedly, he receives a call in the middle of the night from an unknown number, Jimin doesn't take calls from strangers, he doesn't, until that night at least. He was still working on some homework (not because he was late on his work but because he couldn't fall asleep), he frowns before picking up.

"Hello Park Jimin speaking."

"Yeah, hi hyung." Without realising, Jimin frowned, Jungkook rarely calls him hyung, the word sounds so foreign.

"Oh, Jungkookie? Hey! Congratulations!" Jimin fakes chuckle, fakes his happiness and hides his despair deep in his heart.

"Ah thank you hyung, umm, I don't even know why I called now haha."