25.A Special White T-Shirt🥼

Author: snugglesinablanket

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/14196318

Summary:
Jungkook has been trying desperately to hold in and hide his feelings for his roommate. But when he walks in on Jimin doing laundry while he's wearing Jungkook's shirt, he can't resist.

Notes:
Posting this for Day 2 of Jikook week with like 10 min to spare. Hope you all enjoy! :)

Work Text:
Jungkook was trying but he wasn't sure how much longer he would be able to endure this torture.

It had all started when Jimin had fallen asleep on Jungkook's shoulder while they were watching a movie. Jimin was a clingy person by nature and Jungkook had gotten used to it for the most part. But at 2 am, with the lights dimmed and a blanket shared between the two, a strange feeling had gripped Jungkook's chest as soon as he felt Jimin's head hit his shoulder and his blonde hair tickle his nose. He had the burning urge to tuck his head under his chin and wrap his arm around Jimin's shoulder, so he promptly shoved Jimin off his shoulder and told him to go to his room and sleep like a normal person. Jimin had pouted and thrown a couch cushion at him, but Jungkook's chest was pounding too hard and he felt short of breath.

After that, Jungkook had avoided Jimin like the plague. Of course, that wasn't exactly easy seeing as they were roommates (had been for a year and a half now) and they had purposely matched their schedules to each other, so they could walk to and from campus together. Blaming his sudden avoidance on study groups and changing work shifts could only last so long and it was only a couple weeks before Jimin cornered Jungkook in the kitchen when he snuck out to get some water.

"Why are you avoiding me?"
"I-I'm not."
"Yes you are."
"No I'm not. I'm just busy."
"No you're not. Tae complained to me earlier about how you keep bothering him at work telling him you're bored."

"Traitor," Jungkook hissed under his breath, vowing to spill coffee on all the tables the next time he visited Taehyung's café for revenge.

"Did... did I do something wrong? Are you mad at me?"
Jungkook's heart shattered into a million and one pieces at the sadness in Jimin's eyes while simultaneously wanting to coo at the adorable pout. Life just wasn't fair.

"No no no. I'm sorry. It was just... home. I was feeling kind of overwhelmed and stuffed up at home, so I was avoiding home... not... you," Jungkook finished lamely.

Yet it seemed to do the trick because Jimin's face immediately lit up. "Me too! Then let's go out tonight! We can go watch that new comedy that came out and then get dinner after."

The rest of the night was absolute hell for Jungkook as Jimin kept falling into Jungkook in laughter over the movie that Jungkook could barely pay attention to because he was too busy blushing like a pubescent teenager every time Jimin made contact with him. Dinner wasn't better as all Jungkook wanted to do was take pictures of Jimin poring over the menu like a kid on Christmas morning, excited at food that wasn't ramen for once, and ate happily, making Jungkook feel full even though he had barely touched his food.

By the time Jimin was licking the ice cream cone that he had insisted on getting for dessert, Jungkook was clenching his fists to keep them from gripping Jimin's chin and kissing him. The movement of Jimin's tongue wasn't really helping as it caused heat to pool in Jungkook's belly and his mind to fill up with indecent thoughts, thoughts he really shouldn't be having about his roommate, like the other things he could imagine Jimin using his mouth on.

"Kook, tonight was so much fun! You're right, the apartment can be suffocating sometimes. We should do this more often!"
"Yeah," Jungkook choked out. "Definitely."
When they arrived back home, Jungkook took a very cold shower and then went right to bed.