70.To You, Seven Years in the Future🍵

Author: ohmanholy_kook

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/21813331

Summary:
Jimin wakes up seven years in the past, on the day he and Jungkook first met.

Notes:
(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It's late when Jimin gets home, almost half an hour past midnight. He shrugs his shoes off by the door with a relieved sigh. He really hadn't meant to spend so long at the studio, but he'd gotten so caught up in the choreography he'd been working on that he'd simply lost track of time.

The lights inside are all turned off, the air cool. An unwarranted, tiny smile stretches across Jimin's face. His husband always likes to keep their apartment cold as an excuse to wear massively oversized shirts. His tired feet carry him to their bedroom where he finds said husband curled up adorably in bed. He can't help but smile again at the sight as he heads to the bathroom to brush his teeth after squeezing his jacket into their closet. Within a few minutes, Jimin is back in their bedroom and dressed for bed. He lifts the thick comforter up as gently as possible to avoid waking his sleeping husband and slips under to lay next to him. The blankets are warm due to Jungkook's body heat, and Jimin sighs happily, body instantly relaxing into the mattress beneath him. The hours he'd spent rigorously dancing quickly catch up to him, leaving the blonde feeling like he can and will pass out in the next five seconds. He tenderly pulls Jungkook towards him, wrapping his arms around the younger man tightly. He buries his face in Jungkook's hair, inhaling deeply. It isn't long before Jimin falls asleep, soothed by the clean scent of Jungkook's freshly-washed hair and the soft and pleasantly warm sheets surrounding them.

*****

"JIMINIE, WAKE THE FUCK UP! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!" Something stiff and hard crashes into his back once before coming back to do it again. "I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME, ASSHOLE. GET UP!!"

"Huh?" The voice clearly shouting at him is clearly Taehyung, but why is he here?

"Jesus Christ, I told you not to spend an extra hour practicing. Our history class starts in a little over half an hour, damn it."

History class? What? Jimin blearily opens his eyes, glancing around the room. Is he tripping? It's not his and Jungkook's bedroom that he's in. It's his cramped room from his and Taehyung's one-bedroom, on-campus apartment from his junior year of university.

Taehyung breathes a sigh of relief, chucking the pillow he'd been assaulting Jimin with across the room. "Thank fuck. Get dressed. I'm making ramen for breakfast." He rushes out of the room quickly, mumbling about saving their ramen before it ends up soggy.

Something's not right. Maybe this is just a dream... but... it feels too real. The feeling of his old, stiff, twin mattress is not easily recreated. Jimin pushes himself up to sitting, his eyes darting around the room once again. It's exactly how he remembers it, even down to the worn, chipped paint on covering the walls. What the hell is going on? The phone plugged in at his bedside is a much older model than the one he currently owns. He's met with the dial pad asking for a password. Jimin frowns at the device, pressing his thumb to the home button again. Nothing happens. No touch ID? What the hell could he have possibly set the password as? He tries his birthday, and, thankfully, it works. One quick look at the calendar app tells him it's 2015. What the-

He has to be dreaming, HAS to be. He tries the standard pinching himself, even going as far as to smack himself in the face. Nothing. He's still here in 2015. August 22, 2015.

"Jimin! I know you're probably still laying in bed. Get the fuck up!" Taehyung's voice shouts from the kitchen.

With an exaggerated groan, Jimin swings his legs over the side of the bed and stands, making the five-step trudge to his and Taehyung's shared closet. His side of the closet is stuffed with the style of clothes he used to wear back in university, muscle tees galore. He almost groans out loud at the reminder of his previous fashion blunders. The amount of rummaging he has to do for something that actually has sleeves, which might actually end up being Taehyung's, is ridiculous. He takes a quick trip to the bathroom to brush his teeth and sort out his hair which is... orange?