168. It's Always Been You🔗

Author: BitterSweetHoneyy

Summary:

"It's ok Jeonggukie, I wanted this," Jimin said as he kissed the younger boy's lips. "You can still court me if you want to."

"I love you so much Minie," Jeongguk says before kissing the pink-haired boy again.

Or

Now presented, Jeongguk wants to confess to his childhood best friend Jimin who has just recently presented as an omega. Truth is he's always had a crush on the older boy but was never able to tell him. As he sees that more and more alphas start to take interest in Jimin, Jeongguk grows more agitated, scaring off any and every alpha that dare look at his omega. But will his possessiveness drive the omega is head over heels with away?

Notes:

For wolfingsmeier.
So, I want to start off by saying that I'm sorry that it took so long for this fic to come out. I wanted the story to align with what the recipient asked for in their prompt. I wanted to make sure that their prompt was relayed correctly. I suffered a lot of issues in my personal life, mental health issues being one of them, and I had originally dropped out of the fest. However, I could not bring myself to let someone else finish something I had worked so hard on. I couldn't have gotten this story done without the help of my amazing friends my angel, Ccjsk on Ao3 aka littleangelJM on Twitter, and my mochi, Mochii_lights on Ao3 aka mochiilights on Twitter. They help me so freaking much and I can't thank them enough. Please go check out both of their stories as well.

I hope you enjoyed the story! Oh and one more thing, I will be adding two more chapters to this story. So stay tuned for that!!

Recipient's prompt: Freshly presented alpha Jungkook has to learn to overcome awkwardness and goofiness in order to court freshly presented Jimin before the growingly desirable omega (who's also his best friend since birth) is snatched by other alphas at the upcoming pack mating season. (maybe involve festivities! Extra points for smut)

Work Text:

Jeongguk woke up drenched in sweat but better than he did the past few days. He didn't remember how he got to his room or all that happened after he blacked out, but he knew he felt different. Before he was able to process his surroundings and adjust his eyes to the sunlight that filled his room, his door opened.

"Appa?" Jeongguk gasped when he heard his own voice. It sounded much deeper now.

"Ah, you're awake!! How do you feel?" Junghoon says.

"D-different," the boy says, still not used to his new voice. "Did I pre-," Before he could finish his sentence, his dad cut him off.

"Present? Yes, you did son," The older man says with glee while wearing a huge smile on his face. "You're an alpha Jeongguk! My boy's an alpha!"

Jeongguk's dad pulls the shocked younger boy in his arms and hugs him tightly.

"Oh my god! I can't believe this!" Jeongguk's room begins to feel up with his four siblings and his eomma, who was just as excited for the newly presented alpha as his appa was.

"CONGRATS GGUKIE!!" they all said in unison.

"I can't believe you're an alpha now. Seems like yesterday, you need my help to tie your shoes and beat up bullies for you," Namjoon says as he hands Jeongguk a brown envelope.

Jeongguk rolls his eyes. "I didn't get bullied a lot, hyung."

The brunette-haired boy takes the envelope from the other alpha and opens it, revealing a few sheets of paper. The first thing he saw was a note addressed to him. Jeongguk looks up at his brother, then his parents, confusingly.