140. Misunderscentings🧋

Author: hrhjtinajv

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/23337757?view_adult=true

Summary:

Scenting a stranger at a party was awkward enough, but when said stranger was Jimin's best friend's roommate and the prettiest alpha on campus, things got a little more complicated.

It also didn't help that said stranger absolutely HATED his scent.

Notes:

For euphoriakoo.
for the jikook abo fest!
prompt: jimin gets a panic attack in a crowded space. he finds taehyung, hugs him from behind and starts scenting him to calm down, only to realise it's not taehyung, but a stranger.

this was really fun to write and definitely a bit of a change from my usual style, so i enjoyed it!

**spoiler** jk walks in on jm getting off **

just wanted to warn anyone who's sensitive to those types of situations!

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

"Guess who's finally coming to SNU!"

Taehyung laughed loudly, holding his phone away from his ear. Jimin's squeals resounded throughout the room, chattering away excitedly as he detailed his schedule to his best friend.

"Jiminie! You have to let me know who your roommate is! And you have to meet mine too! Jungkookie is a sweetheart and you'll love him, I'm sure!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Honestly Tae, I wish I was rooming with you. The university fucked me over with the sub-gender rooming bullshit," Jimin sighed, the omega's irritation clear in his voice.

"It's okay, bubs. We'll figure everything out together. I'm honestly just glad that you're here with me instead of at Hanyang University. All that matters is that you're not there by yourself anymore." Taehyung's voice dropped, hesitation creeping in.

"It was rough. I'm glad the transfer went through, I'm just going to be so much more comfortable with you there. I just - I don't even want to think about it. I don't know why I reacted like that but it was awful." Jimin's voice cracked a bit and Taehyung felt his heart break a bit.

"Jiminie, you're going to be with me now and my friends are amazing here! They're going to love you and I promise I won't let anything like that happen again!" Taehyung promised.

"I don't doubt it!" Taehyung could hear the grin in his best friend's voice.

"When do you get here?"

"Next week on Thursday!"

"You know what this calls for? A party! I'm going to throw a 'Welcome to SNU, Jiminie' party on Friday!"

"Sounds perfect!"

-------------------------------------------------

By the time Jungkook reached his apartment, the party was already in full swing. The only downside of living in the student apartments off-campus was that his roommate was always looking for an excuse to throw a party. Jungkook still preferred the apartment to the dorms he'd had to stay in last year, even though Taehyung's parties often got a little too loud. Luckily, the older alpha and their friends always stayed the next morning to help clean up.

As for tonight's party, Jungkook still hadn't met the guest of honor. With his schedule in need of some intense reorganization, he'd been stuck running back and forth from campus and never had a chance to interact with Taehyung's self-proclaimed soulmate.