71.Chanel 1🎶

Author: wonce_km

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/21567655/chapters/51419398

Summary:
Jeongguk is the famous lead vocalist of an underground rock band who writes a song titled CHANEL. Little does the public know that the song is a confession for South Korea's top model, Park Jimin.

Notes:
*note: please disregard the time stamps on the twitter posts, thank you and enjoy!
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: One

Chapter Text

Tracklist

Trailer

It doesn't happen often and by it Jeongguk means inspiration. He sees inspiration as something fleeting, phenomenal and often annoying, like a summer breeze that blows hot air instead of cool. Inspiration bogs him down and sometimes arouses his love for music all over again. Jeon Jeongguk isn't easily inspired and when he is, he becomes possessed. His bandmates describe the look in his eyes as "crazed" or "obsessed."

"You have that look in your eyes again." His right-hand man and drummer, Jung Hoseok comments. "What is it?"

Jeongguk whips out a pen and begins scribbling on a spare napkin at their table.

When Jeongguk is inspired there isn't time for words or breathing for that matter. If he doesn't hold onto the inspiration—the epiphany—it'll fly away.

Hoseok grumbles something under his breath before grabbing a handful of fries and popping them into his mouth one by one. They finished their show not too long ago and at the end of every show they take turns paying for dinner. Today is Hoseok's turn, next will be Yoongi's and then Jeongguk's. No one ever makes Namjoon pay since he pays for the tune ups on their instruments.

Light footsteps approach them from behind and a mellow voice asks, "Is he doing it again?"

Hoseok looks up, acknowledges Namjoon with a nod and replies, "Yep."

Namjoon smiles softly as he slides into the booth beside Hoseok.

Jeongguk's hands continue scribbling at a hypnotizingly fast pace and when he begins to run out of space, Namjoon hands him another napkin without a word.

"Thanks." Jeongguk manages to murmur.

Twenty minutes pass like this; Namjoon's devoured two burgers and Hoseok stole Yoongi's fries. Jeongguk figures his hand is going to cramp up once he's done, but he can't stop. He needs to get this out.

Yoongi, whose sat silently for the past hour or so, plucks up one of Jeongguk's napkins and reads the title aloud. "Chanel?"

Confusion settles on Hoseok and Namjoon's faces.

"Since when did we perform songs about clothing brands?" Hoseok questions.

Jeongguk pauses, takes a deep breath and replies lowly. "Since Park Jimin."

Hoseok blinks, "Come again?"

Yoongi snorts, "It's that model Jeongguk's been crushing on for the last..." he pauses to count on his fingers. "Two months?"

Hoseok gawks at Jeongguk, looks to Namjoon who shrugs and then back to Jeongguk. "Wait, wait, hold up."

Jeongguk places his pen down as his inspiration induced craze dies down.

"You're writing a song about the Jimin?" Hoseok asks incredulously.

Jeongguk nods, "Yeah."

"Why would you do that?"