30. Do You Want To Become My Mate?

Author: ReinaPea

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/14176305?view_adult=true

Summary:
Jimin is poor omega who goes to wash his laundry at the river.

Jungkook is pack leader's alpha son who still hasn't chosen his mate.

Notes:
Hey guys, I'm posting this one-shot for the second day of Jikook week! I hope that you will like it :)
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:
It was Saturday morning and Jimin had headed towards the lake, basket full of dirty laundry held tightly between his small arms. Other omegas his age are probably enjoying the weekend, resting after an exhausting week of school, but Jimin couldn't afford that luxury.

You see, his family is poor and they live in the small cottage at the end of the pack territory. His alpha father has abandoned them after Jimin's little beta brother was born when Jimin was barely ten years old, and since that day his omega mother has been doing everything in his willpower to take care of her pups. She was working as a maid in the Kim family, one of the most powerful families in the pack, and after that she as a nurse in the pack's hospital. In between, she comes home and cooks lunch for her pups, in most cases the only meal the three of them have in a day.

To help his mother, Jimin often does the house works and helps his little brother with homework. He wishes he could do more, but he himself is still in school. Omegas are starting to attend school later than alphas and betas, and Jimin at his age of twenty-one still has two grades left before the graduation.

Jimin sighed and adjusted the basket in his arms. Today was very beautiful day and he would rather spend it playing around but he was aware that his mother would come home exhausted and he at least wanted to help her with the laundry. The lake where he goes to wash their clothes is not far away from their cottage, barely ten minutes of walking, the only reason why the young omega doesn't mind living at the end of the pack's territory.

Jimin has put the basked on the ground before plopping himself down. He took off his shoes and rolled up his pants so that he can put his feet in the water. Thankfully, water wasn't as cold as Jimin expected it to be for the early April, but he wouldn't have complained even if it was colder. He was used to any kind of the temperature after all.

Jimin carefully took some shirts from the basket and drowned them in the water. He repeated the action with all of the items before adding the liquor for clothes washing. Young omega was humming a melody while washing the clothes, completely unaware of the unknown wolf who was crouching down behind the bushes. It wasn't until Jimin heard the sound of footsteps that he turned around, instantly getting up to his feet.

In front of him was standing pack leader's alpha son, Jeon Jungkook.

Jimin has never met the other in person, their different social statuses not allowing them to even attend the same kindergarten, but young omega knows everything about the Jeon Jungkook. He was the youngest of three alpha sons their pack leader has made, and according to the rumors, the first one to take his father's position. Despite being only nineteen years old, Jungkook has proven himself to be a great hunter and fighter and even once managed to kill some stray wolf that has wandered into their territory with bad intentions. He was everything an alpha could be, tall, handsome, well built, and he was currently standing in front of Jimin, completely towering over the small omega.

Two young wolfs have stared at each other in silence for around twenty seconds before Jungkook cleared his throat, allowing the other to hear his voice in person for the first time.