77.Praise 2🥤

Author:wonce_km

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/18363470/chapters/43583396#workskin

Chapter 2: Me vs You vs Us

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The dorm is usually dead on Thursday's because the other members leave to spend time with their friends and family. Jungkook on the other hand is lounging on the couch and contemplating whether he wants to drive down to the studio or chill at the dorm for another hour. With a sigh, he slides out his phone and scrolls through all the messages he has from the 97-liners. Most of the messages are memes or Yugyeom asking when they can hang out again.

Jungkook scrolls until all the messages are read but doesn't bother to reply. Instead he clicks over to Jimin's name and stares at the last message he received from him. A week ago.

Jimin hasn't messaged him since a week ago.

It's a bit saddening and of course Jungkook shouldn't take it personally, but he did, and still is. Is he not interested in me? Jungkook jumps up. "Maybe he still thinks he's being catfished." Jungkook reasons aloud. "Should I call him?" his foot taps anxiously against the carpet as he contemplates his next course of action.

Amidst being busy as BTS and producing songs for the next album, Jungkook hasn't stopped thinking about Jimin. Jimin and his cute Instagram that is aesthetically pleasing and sophisticated, his dancing and carefree selfies. Jungkook admits to spending an unhealthy amount of time scrolling through his posts and leaving hearts on some, but not all.

There was one post of Jimin at a BTS concert, he was dressed in all black and holding an ARMY BOMB close to his chest. Jungkook thought he looked adorable and wanted to comment such but refrained from doing so.

With newfound confidence, Jungkook blurts, "I should call him." And without thinking about what he'll say, he dials Jimin's number.

It rings and rings and rings.

Jungkook's foot continues to tap and he nibbles on his bottom lip. At the ripe age of twenty-one and as an idol member, his dating experience is almost zero to none. He's had crushes before and brief encounters at the club, but nothing that would constitute as courting or dating. So, stumbling across Jimin feels a lot like stumbling into a new world. Jungkook isn't sure if he's even doing this right.

Finally, the line clicks.

"Hello?" Jimin answers and Jungkook notes how bright his voice sounds. Fresh and bubbly. Like soda.

Jungkook's stomach flips and suddenly his throat is dry. "H-hey, it's Jungkook."

There's a moment of silence and then a faint gasp. "Jungkook?!"

Jungkook laughs. "Is now not a good time?" he questions.

"No! Uhm, just give me like two seconds." Jimin assures.

Jungkook listens as a faint squeaking sound echoes on the other end.

Jimin's voice reemerges after two minutes. "Sorry, I just finished up with a dance class."

"It's cool...how'd it go?" Jungkook adjusts himself on the couch. He folds his legs together and cradles the phone close to his ear.

Jimin replies with a sigh, "I think I could've done better."

"I'm sure you were perfect." Jungkook compliments smoothly.

"Th-thanks." Jimin stutters, the blush evident in his voice.