175. The Golden Flower🌼

Author: yaboyjiminssi

Summary:

Park Jimin has been pining for the Alpha leader's son for as long as he can remember and when the time comes for those by their ages to find a mate he is more than ready to make the Alpha, Jeon Jungkook, pick him.

Notes:

For xsxuxgxax.

Work Text:

After his eighteenth birthday, Jimin started to wait for Spring for one reason, and one reason only. Forgotten were the baskets of strawberries his dad brought home after his hunts in the woods, and the pies his mother baked using them. Forgotten the grass stains on his immaculate vest, from when he and the other Omegas went to bask under the sun near the river after their dance lessons, and forgotten the flower crowns they weaved for each other. All the games and memories of his childhood's Springs had stopped appealing to him after he became of age, but it's not like he didn't long for them as well. They were simply overshadowed by the same recurrent thought, the one that rarely left Jimin's mind during that particular time of the year. Spring meant mating season. 

Every year as the beginning of May approached and the sprouts of the Sacred Tree finally started to blossom, the whole pack was put in a frenzy. The entire month of April was spent in preparation for the courting: the tailors were drowned in requests for ceremonial robes each year more striking than the previous, feasts and banquets planned down to details, additional hunts organized to supply the extraordinary amount of food needed. The air buzzed with anticipation and the whole village came alive with the Tree as flower wreaths were hanged all over the common areas and on every cabin's door, the sweet scent of ripening fruits and the youth's excitement flowing in the warm air. 

Jimin had watched his cousin get ready in the soft glow of his room as he and Taehyung laid in Yoongi's nest, during their sixteenth Spring. Yoongi's cheeks and lips were tinted with red as he straightened the creases of his best robes, his excited squeals and giggles making the younger ones smile softly. He was going to court Hoseok, the bright Alpha that always brought him flowers after his music lessons and waited for him outside of his cabin at night, so Yoongi could sneak out and spend the night with him under the stars. Jimin couldn't have been happier for his cousin - and friend - but he couldn't help the envy clawing at the pit of his stomach.

Yoongi had ruffled both of their hair with affection and reassured a pouting Jimin right before he had to leave for the season's activities. It was common knowledge that Taehyung had no intention of settling down any time before he reached the age of twenty-five, his nature too restless and independent to be restrained by a bond, and was going to train to become their pack's first Alpha teacher. However, everyone knew that, despite being his best friend since they were pups, Jimin was his exact opposite.

"You're growing up so beautifully, Jiminie," Yoongi had said, stroking his cousin's cherub cheek with a gentle smile. "Don't be impatient, you were blessed by the Goddess of Beauty and everyone is going to want you, when your time comes."

It was also common knowledge that Yoongi was always right.

That same summer Jimin had bloomed after getting his first heat. His hips got wider and his waist became slimmer, his legs seemed to be longer and his skin started to glow, as his body naturally tried to make itself more desirable. His features got elegant, sharper even if his cheeks remained soft, and the contrast always succeeded in throwing people off in the best of ways. Paired up with his rosier lips and alluring eyes, Jimin was a head-turner, and he knew it. He relished under the stunned glances from the Alphas and even the jealous ones from the Omegas, that were never meant with bite. He was exquisite inside and out, was loved by his friends and family, by his teachers and everyone in the pack. Jimin was gorgeous, gracious with his words and demeanor, did well in school and was one of their best dancers.