108. Skinny Love💋

Author: authorskookies

Summary:

Skinny Love; (n.) when two people love each other but are too shy to admit it, yet they show it anyway.
Or: The story of how Jimin and Jungkook dealt with their feelings for each other growing up.

Work Text:

"Jimin hyung!" The eight year old shouted as he and his mother entered the home, watching as said boy practically sprinted down the stairs and tackled the younger in a tight hug. "Kookie, you're finally out! You're alive!" He squeaked dramatically, earning a laugh from both Jungkook and his mother.

"Jimin, I know you missed your friend but please watch his cast, I don't think Mrs. Jeon wants another trip to the hospital." Mrs. Park said as she appeared behind her son, squeezing his shoulder gently as he released a giggling Jungkook from his death grip. "You two can go upstairs, Jimin you better have cleaned your room–"

"Yes Umma! We're gonna go now!" He shouted back at the women as he and Jungkook were already half way up. The mothers rolled their eyes and went into the kitchen for the coffee they'd agreed on having.

"Does it hurt? Can I see?" Jimin asked when they were in his room, patting a spot on his bed for Jungkook to join him on in criss crossing their legs. Jungkook held out his right arm, giving a good view of the neon red molded case on his forearm. "Not really, I can barely move it because of the cast. But it's itchy.." The younger wrinkled his nose. "The hospital lady was so cool, she let me pick a color and everything. She even told me that all my friends at school could sign it!" He grinned, and Jimin raised his eye brows. "Can I sign it, too?" Jimin asked, knowing that he wasn't in Jungkook's grade but he was still his best friend–he deserved that right.

Jungkook practically snorted. "Duh. I want you to be the first one! Here," He dug into his pocket, pulling out a black sharpie that the nurse had given him, too. He used his teeth to take off the cap, holding the rest of sharpie out for Jimin. Jimin smiled, taking it and signed along the underside of his forearm, writing a little note about 'being careful on swings in the future' and even doodling a little heart.

"I don't even think Umma will let me go to the playground anymore, not while I have my cast." He pouted after reading the mention of swings. "That's okay, we can just play video games instead from now on. I bought a cool new game!" The elder said in excitement, shuffling to set up his gaming console. "You're going to stay inside with me and play? Wouldn't you want to go there, though?"

"It's not really fun without you, Kookie. So yeah, I want to stay inside and play with you. You can still move your fingers right? Come here, then." He gave the younger a grin, and at that Jungkook couldn't help but feel a little flutter in the pits of his stomach–he didn't know what it was, but it felt nice, to have someone like Jimin for a best friend.

He's eleven years old, now. He shouldn't be having night terrors anymore, he should've grown out of his little nightmare phase and just gone back to sleep after waking up from an 'upsetting dream' as his father put it. Be a man, Jungkook, you're not a baby anymore.

That wasn't really the case, because right now, Jungkook was shaking, his hands clasped tightly around the phone he'd just been using not even a few minutes ago. His knees were pulled to his chest, his cheeks stained with tears as he released fresh ones every few seconds, holding back his breath to not sob and wake anyone else in the house up or alarm them.

He jumped a bit when he saw the hands gripping onto the bottom of his window, hoisting up the figure and allowing him to slip into the room. Jimin groaned when he landed properly, stretching a bit because he's pretty sure the tree he'd had to climb had caused him several pulled muscles, but he's used to it. He's done this before.