81.I love you, I love you, I love you💕

Author: JustJimin

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15872391?view_adult=true

Summary:
"You're a meanie," he smiles, poking an accusing finger into Jungkook's chest.
"You're right," Jungkook mumbles, nuzzling into the others neck, "I'm a meanie. A big, fat meanie who's really, really sorry." He pulls away from Jimin after placing a soft kiss on his temple, and stares down at the beautiful boy in front of him.

Based off the Tumblr prompt,
Person B: you love me right?
Person A: *being sarcastic* no, i dont love you
Person B: *starting to cry* but i thought you did...
Person A: *freaking out* NONNO I DO LOVE YOU I WAS BEING SARCASTIC IM SORRY-

Notes:
I saw this prompt and the story instantly fell into place as I was writing it, so I hope you enjoy :)
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

Jimin and Jungkook have been living together for a year. Jungkook is in his senior year at his university, and Jimin is a dance teacher who teaches multiple styles of dance, including hip hop, ballet, and contemporary. While Jimin loves his job, it was the cause of stress and constant tiredness, which for Jungkook, means dealing with a cranky Jimin. More often than not, the older comes home drained and exhausted, collapsing onto their bed without even realizing that Jungkook had left his attempt at dinner on the kitchen counter. Jungkook doesn't mind too much; he loves his baby mochi enough to let him do whatever he wants, but he wouldn't deny that dealing with an unhappy Jimin wasn't very easy. But then there were some nights where Jimin's crankiness dissolved into something else, nights where he would come home a desperate mess and extremely clingy. Again, Jungkook didn't mind showering his beautiful boyfriend in hugs and kisses, but sometimes Jungkook was tired too. Sometimes he had a hard day at school, and giving Jimin the attention he begged for wasn't something on his endless to do list. So that brought the two boys to their current situation:

Jungkook is leaning over his laptop, his eyes glued to the screen. His professor had dropped an essay on them earlier in class, giving them only a couple of days to complete the paper. Jungkook is frustrated with his teacher for throwing this at them with so little time to complete it, but he's a master at working through the night so he knows he can finish it in time. He faintly hears the front door open and close, subconsciously ignoring the familiar noise and continuing to rapidly type away on his computer. It's when he hears his name being called from the neighboring room that he stops. He instantly recognizes the voice as Jimin's, hears the quiet whine and oh god, it's going to be one of those nights. He makes the decision to ignore his boyfriend, hoping the older would think he was already asleep and hadn't noticed the light shining from beneath his office door. He continues to type, pressing his keys a little lighter considering he was an aggressive typer when he was stressed. He tries to blur out every distraction but there it is again, Jimin's soft voice calling from their bedroom. He closes his eyes, breathes deeply through his nose and doesn't move. He hears the voice again, then again, and the pleading whine has become so obvious that Jimin must know he's awake, and it would be too rude to continue to ignore it. Jungkook heaves a sigh, running a shaky hand through his hair. Jimin knows that when Jungkook's shut in his office he's obviously busy with something, so he really hopes Jimin has a considerable reason for pulling him away from his work.

He staggers to their bedroom, stretching his legs after being squeezed underneath his desk. He opens the door, noting how Jimin had never turned on the lights and had gone straight to the bed. He waits a second, lets his eyes become adjusted to the darkness, and warily eyes the lump on the bed. Jimin's curled up in a heap of blankets and Jungkook has no idea if his head is bundled inside or not. It's a little cute, he allows himself to think, but he's still pretty annoyed.