29. Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop☕️

Author: KomaedaClear (orphan_account)

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/12601812

Summary:
Jungkook works as a tattoo artist, hates coffee, and is allergic to cats. However, he ends up in a cat cafe every morning because of one adorable man: Jimin.

Notes:
For poplolli.
i almost did the other prompt buuuut this was too cute to pass up. i love cats and jikook sm omg.
(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

It was yet another day in the cat cafe for Jimin. The cats lazed about, a few were eating, and Jimin was the only human in. Even though the job was a little lonely during weekdays when nobody would come in, Jimin wouldn't trade this job for the world. Currently he was stroking the fur of a calico cat who made his home on the counter. His fur was soft and well-taken care of. Best job ever.

The door chimes sang out and a tall man walked in. Jimin looked up and smiled at the familiar face. Ever since the tattoo parlour across the street opened about a week ago, one of the artists would come in for coffee and to hang out with the cats for an hour. Jimin eyed the tattoos that graced the younger man's arms. He had always admired tattoos, but he wasn't sure he could get one.

"Good morning, sir," Jimin greeted politely. He turned away from the calico cat to face his customer. Since the man had always come in when no one else was around, Jimin never got his name. He was too shy to ask anyways.

"Hello," the man smiled. He strolled up to the counter and started to pet the calico cat while he eyed the drinks menu, although Jimin already knew what he was getting. "A small, uh, black coffee, please. And a cinnamon roll," he added, pointing to the pastries in the glass window.

"Of course." Jimin told him the price and the man paid, then Jimin made the drink, which wasn't too hard to do. All the while the man continued to pet the cat gently, as though he were afraid of breaking it. Jimin admired this gentle characteristic in the man, since his first impression was that tattoos meant hard, cold individual.

"How has your day been so far?" the man asked, eyes flitting about. He could never meet Jimin's eyes. A nervous habit.

"Same as usual, and yours?" Jimin placed the pastry onto a plate on the counter, knowing the man would be staying, at least for a few minutes.

"I had an early appointment, and I have another one in about half an hour. I figured i'd get the caffeine kick while I still can, you know?" He picked the cinnamon roll off the plate and took a bite.

"What will you do?" Jimin asked, intrigued. He loved hearing about what people got in the man's tattoo shop.

The man finished chewing, then swallowed. "I've been consulting with this lady for weeks now. She's a little indecisive, but I finally drew something she liked. She wanted something to represent her, her mother, and her sister, so originally I did the symbols of family as birds in a nest, but she wanted something else. So now we've ended up on a bracelet with their birthstones on it, as well as flowers coming up underneath. She's very excited about it."

Jimin stared in awe, leaning forward with his elbows on the counter, eyes sparkling. "That sounds so pretty," he murmured. "You have to show me your sketches one day. Even pictures of the tattoos you've done. You always say you will, but you don't." He pouted at the man in front of him. "You're so interesting."

The man choked a little on the pastry, making Jimin chuckle. "Oh, god, no, i'm not interesting. My work," he corrected, "is what's interesting. As for me i'm as generic as they come."