124. Jealous-Sea🌊

Author: ClaudeOfSky

Summary:

Award shows can be taxing for a variety of reasons; long hours, freezing temperatures, unappetizing food, you name it. Jungkook can deal with all of that. What he can't stand, however, is the sight of another trying to claim what's his.

Or, an alpha gets too touchy with Jimin for Jungkook's liking.

Notes:

Hey! Back with this piece of work - it was meant to be a one-shot but it took forever to write lol.

Work Text:

He's doing it again.

Leaning in close with an attentive and friendly grin. He must find what the other said amusing, because Jungkook sees small hands clutch at the alpha's suit jacket, a full body laugh overtaking him. It causes him to curl in closer to the other, but the owner of the jacket doesn't seem to mind.

Instead, the alpha gazes down at him completely – and utterly – besotted.

Jungkook can't blame him.

Park Jimin's presence demands attention.

It comes naturally to him, Jungkook knows. Whether the omega tries to or not, appreciative eyes are always on him. Whether he's being sultry on stage, cute in front of the camera, or just every day Jimin – people take notice. Alphas, betas, omega. Jungkook has seen it all.

Jungkook knows this, and still he can't help but glare darkly at the other alpha from across the stage, a possessive snarl threatening to slip past his clenched jaw.

Which would be bad, seeing as how they're currently at an award show in front of hundreds of cameras.

"Smile, Jungkook." Namjoon nudges him slightly, dimples on show as he waves at the audience before bowing once more. The show has come to an end and now they were set to thank the audience and fans that were watching, confetti falling all over as dozens of idol groups came up to the stage to thank the viewers.

Jungkook wills his glare to lessen, a strained smile on his lips forming as he waves and bows to a particularly demanding camera man.

"Sorry, Hyung." The young alpha murmurs to the beta beside him, guilt settling heavy within him. They don't need the media to use their expressions and reactions for clickbait articles – even if some of them wouldn't stray too far from the truth.

"It's alright. He's just friendly, you can't fault him for that." Namjoon reassures him and settles his arm over his shoulder. Jungkook appreciates it knowing the elder was doing it to ground him, as well as to keep him in line. It wouldn't be good for their image if Jungkook rushed the other alpha on national television.

Dispatch would have a field day.

"I know that," Jungkook glances over briefly to where Jimin is, shoulders tensing under the weight of Namjoon's arm as the alpha leans down to whisper something into Jimin's ear. The omega slaps at the other's chest, eyes narrowed in that playful way of his.

Right.

That's fine.

Jimin is his own person. He can have his friends and enjoy the company of others without Jungkook looming over him like some hormone-crazed possessive alpha that's always being shown on those shitty K-dramas.

He's not that type of alpha.

He refuses to be.

He's better than that – Jimin deserves better than that.