69.Coffee🌞

Author: KaralineKitten

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/12182703

Summary:
jungkook has had his eye on the barista since he had first walked through the door, and like hell he was going to let anyone hurt his sunshine.

Notes:
(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

the bell jingled lightly as jungkook pushed the door open, letting a rush of cold fall air into the building.

"good morning, sunshine," jungkook greeted the barista while leaning his elbows on the counter in front of him.

a flush of color immediately took over jimin's cheeks and neck at the other boy's words.

"morning, kookie," jimin's soft voice immediately brought a smile to jungkook's face. delicate fingers tightened the lid on jungkook's regular drink before handing it to him from behind the counter, hand lingering for just a second too long.

"thank you, sunshine," taking a sip of his coffee, jungkook groaned at the taste of the liquid energy, "so good."

jimin rolled his eyes as he began to scrub at the counters, "don't call me sunshine." though jimin's words betrayed his thoughts, he loved any pet name jungkook gave him.

"you know that i wouldn't call you that if i didn't think it was true," a wink was thrown in jimin's direction, making him flush red once again. jungkook laughed slightly at jimin's reaction before taking his usual seat at the end of the bar stools next to the window.

pulling out his laptop, jungkook began to lightly tap on his keyboard while writing the intro for his essay that was due in a few weeks.

the bell from the front entrance jingled once again as a new costumer walked in, jungkook paying no mind as he continued to work on his essay.

"good morning, sir, what can i get you?" jimin's cute voice rang through the room, bringing a small smile to jungkook's face. damn am i whipped, jungkook thought.

"gimme a minute," the voice of the man seemed harsher than it should've been, making jungkook turn his head slightly. meeting jimin's gaze, jungkook frowned and nodded his head towards the costumer. jimin just shook his head with hesitant eyes before going back to looking at the man.

"of course, sir," jimin's voice had gotten higher, indicating that he was nervous. while waiting for the man's order, jimin began to hesitantly stack new cups into their holders.

"hey, barista. i'm ready to order, so get over here and do your job," the harshness of the man's voice made jimin jump in his skin as he quickly walked back to the register.

"sorry sir, what can i get you?" jimin kept his gaze low, not wanting to look this scary costumer in the eye.

"short dark roast," the man basically growled at jimin, "none of that girly shit." the swear word put jimin even more on edge as he put the order into the register.

"$2-2.75, please," jimin stuttered as he told the costumer his total.

"really? that much for a fucking coffee?"

"i-i'm sorry sir, i don't make th-," jimin was cut off in the middle of his sentence by the man.

"just shut up and give me my damn coffee," the man threw a $5 at jimin while letting out a huff.

jungkook's chair scraped at the tiles as he hastily stood up from his seat, looking straight at jimin.

"kookie, no." jimin said lightly as he passed jungkook to grab a cup. not wanting to upset jimin, jungkook took a seat again but kept his eye on the aggressive man.