118. Snowball Cupid☃️

Author: DarkeShadows

Summary:

'I was having a snowball fight with my friend and I decided to lie in wait for them and ambush them and they went inside to warm up but I didn't hear them say what they were doing so I'm out here waiting for them and you, total stranger/longtime secret crush, come around the corner and I pelt you.' AU

Work Text:

"'Have a snowball fight with me,' he said. 'It'll be fun,' he said." Park Jimin mumbled under his breath.

He was currently crouched behind a giant snow pile waiting for his friend, Kim Taehyung, to come around the corner. The two of them had been having an all-out snowball fight for about two hours and all Jimin wanted to do now was return back to their dorm and have some hot chocolate. His hands were numb and he cursed himself for foolishly forgetting his gloves as he rubbed them together hastily. Peeking out from behind the snow, his eyes scanned over the courtyard. There was no one around, but that didn't surprise him in the least. Classes had been canceled due to no one, not even the teachers, wanting to step foot outside. The temperature was ridiculously low and the slight breeze that occasionally blew through certainly didn't help. A shiver ran down Jimin's spine and he adjusted his scarf so that it covered his mouth and nose. He decided that if Taehyung didn't show up within the next three minutes, he would just return to the dorm. He knew it was rude to just leave without saying anything, but he convinced himself that he'd make it up to Taehyung with a mug of hot cocoa.

So when three minutes, or what he assumed was three minutes, had passed without a sign of Taehyung, he got up and began to retreat from his hiding spot. But before he had fully revealed himself, he heard something. Quickly ducking back behind the snow pile, he held his breath and listened closely. A smirk spread across his face when he heard the unmistakable sound of snow crunching underneath boots. As the sound inched closer, he set to work on making a decently sized snowball. His hands stung from the cold, but he pushed through it in favor of getting back at Taehyung for making him wait this long. Once his ammo was ready, he waited until the crunching seemed to be right beside him before standing up and swiftly throwing the snowball. There was a string of curses and then a satisfying splat, signifying that his throw had been successful. Jimin smiled triumphantly and made his way over to his friend.

"Took you long enough to show up, Tae! Can we head back to the dorm now? It's too col-" He stopped talking abruptly, finally close enough to see the person he had hit. His eyes widened and his heart skipped a beat when he realized that this person was definitely not Taehyung. The guy before him was about as tall as his friend, but that's where the similarities ended. The male's hair was chestnut brown and his doe eyes sparkled with amusement as he wiped off the pieces of snow on his face. Jimin felt the heat rise to his cheeks when their eyes met and he fumbled nervously with the end of his scarf. "I'm so sorry about that...I thought you were someone else," he mumbled softly, averting his gaze.

"It's all good," the brunette replied without a hint of anger in his voice. A silence quickly fell over them and Jimin shifted awkwardly.

What the hell was he supposed to do now?

Should he say something else?

What were you even suppose to say to someone you accidentally pelted in the face with a snowball?

"So, um..." He started off nervously, gaining the courage to look up at the other male again.

"Yeah?" The brunette asked expectantly, raising a brow as a small smile formed on his face.

"Well...uh..." Jimin trailed off again and he mentally scolded himself for being unable to communicate properly.

"Are you always this eloquent?" The other male teased with a soft chuckle.