174. In the right hands I melt❤️‍🔥

Author: yaboyjiminssi

Summary:

Jungkook didn't crave touch anymore. Well, he did, but he had soon found out than any touch that wasn't Jimin's did nothing except making him long for his boyfriend even more.

or

Jungkook had always needed more but could never find someone willing to give it to him. When he finally does, he almost can't believe Jimin is real.

Notes:

This is a little something I wrote to make myself feel better during quarantine, it's kind of rushed and not betaed so if it's not the best that's why. If you see any mistakes let me know and please stay safe everyone!

Thank you for reading in advance!!

Work Text:

Jungkook needed touch like he needed air to breathe.

He had been a clingy child, snuggled in his mother's hold whenever they were home and wrapped around one of his father's legs when they were outside. He reveled in the cheek rubs and head pats, did his best in school to receive a hug along with every good grade and gave his everything in the sports to get a forehead kiss, made friends with every single one of the kids in his elementary class to always have someone to play and hold hands with when he was at school.

He had fallen in love with every person - girls and guys, Jungkook soon discovered it felt just the same - whose fingers had accidentally brushed his hand as they lent him a pencil, sought after any possibility to touch until they were making out in the school's yard at lunchtime and then again in the janitor's closet after getting detention for publicly kissing in the first place. Jungkook didn't care for looks, as long as they offered him warm hugs and gentle kisses. He'd had his share of girlfriends, a couple of things with boys who swore they were nothing more than curious, and a countless amount of dreamlike moments with people at house parties and improbable locations. If Jungkook envisioned all of his lovers in his mind, standing next to each other in a line, most of them looked nothing like the ones that had come before and after them, but they all had one thing in common: they had all left him soon, scarily so. Everyone quickly got tired of his insatiable craving for touch, deemed him clingy and annoying and suffocating - they had all without fail used that word at some point, it was quite bizarre - and told him he needed to man up before definitively breaking his heart and leaving.

Jungkook had tried to. He went to the gym until his clothes didn't fit him anymore and then kept going, started wearing the dark baggy clothes he now couldn't live without, got a full sleeve of tattoos and all the piercings he felt like getting on his ears and then a couple more on his nipples, became more confident. In a twisted kind of way, he supposed he should thank all of his exes for involuntary pushing him to become the person he'd always felt too self-conscious to be, but he never understood how was it supposed to fix him. He still craved touch, more so than ever as deadlines and all-nighters loomed over him mercilessly and made it difficult to find someone to be close to. Hookups satisfied him only partly and everybody left before any actual type of affection could be shared.

In short, Jungkook was touch starved.

The first years of college had been tough. He had gotten a scholarship to study Engineering in New York, packed his things and took the cheapest flight he could find to get to the States as soon as he could, impatiently running after his dreams and escaping a country that would have never accepted him for who he was. However, the language barrier had stopped him dead in his track, because knowing English well enough to attend the lessons and managing to have social skills while being made fun of for his weird accent were two very different things. Finding somebody to chat up and take back to his dorm for the night was easy, but Jungkook missed having friends and people always willing to offer him comfort and a shoulder to lean on. After months of struggling to fit in, and going through a couple of emotional breakdowns in the process, he turned to the International Students Association and found his best friends, Korean guys who had been struggling just like him a couple of years earlier. He had bonded with Taehyung over videogames' graphic and streetwear - the older loved to talk about any kind of fashion, to be fair - and Hoseok and Yoongi had taken him under their wing as if he was their biological child. They were all very well aware that Jungkook could have broken them in half if he felt like it, but he was actually a playful, overgrown puppy who needed a lot of care. The three of them constantly offered him skinship and a bit more when he looked particularly down and Jungkook could never love or thank them enough for being so good to him, but he was still missing something. He still felt lonely most of the time, hugged himself to sleep after the occasional body had refused aftercare and cuddles and sweat all of his frustrated tears off in his building's gym. He'd been spiraling for so long he didn't know if he was ever going to get to the breaking point or finally manage to get out of it.