132. Fire and Ice🛼

Author: insideimasadrainbow

Summary:

Not only had Jimin fallen for an alpha, he had to go and stupidly fall for one off limits, the one carrying a big, important name. But Jimin, he didn't care. He's made it abundantly clear to Jeongguk he was serious about wanting him, his feelings for the alpha sincere and genuine.

Notes:

My prompt: Beta Jimin falls for Alpha Jungkook when Jungkook saved him from a situation years ago that made them become close friends. However, Jungkooks family has taught him Alpha and Omega is ideal, but Jimin won't stop to prove that any other kind of relationship can be just as amazing and happy.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

Fire and Ice

When he was a pup, his mother always used to tell him he carried the scent of the first snow.

Unlike the flowery or fruity scent of an omega, and far from the brazen spiced flames, ash burning scent of alphas. His beta scent was a chilling mixture, a delightfully brisk wintery air that was refreshingly crisp and warming at the same time. Inhaling his scent was like stepping into an open, woodsy scenery covered in nothing but the sea of icy pristine snow gently falling miles long and wide. His mother would gather his tiny body happily into her strong, protective arms, tuck the button nose- that they both shared- into his soft and milky ticklish neck, and inhale contently, adoring every squealing giggle he released.

However, he remembered there being days when he'd come home from school, feeling low withered and disheartened, all because of his nature and scent. He was excluded by the other pups who were predominantly alphas and omegas, whose scents overpowered and muted his snowy fluff aroma which was weird to them and the reason why they refused to include him in their fun activities. On those days, his mother hushed his complaints and smothered him into her bosom, pouring out nothing but praise about him and his icy scent.

"But mama," he once protested to her after a particularly hard day at school, voice small and hitched with a slight quiver, "they call me 'bland beta' and 'boring beta'. They don't play with me because I'm the only beta and say I'm weird and scentless...but I told them what you always say, that I'm your f-frost fairy,  and they just laughed at me. Hoseok says I smell like dirt to him and H-Hyungwon says I won't find a mate who will want me. I don't wanna be a beta anymore and smell like this mama, I don't wanna ."

It was difficult being the only beta pup in class. Beta statuses were a low percentage enough as is compared to alphas and omegas who are the ones who took up the majority. Jimin never really paid mind to his second nature until the other pups began exiling him out due to it.

He cried that day, the hurtful words having been too much to bear for his six year old self. Even his mother, despite being taken aback at his rejecting claim of status, had to hold back her own wild emotions. The unrelenting fury boiled through her core at his grief. But she just cradled him closer to herself, sinking deeper into the pillows and sheets of her bed that no longer contained the lavender mint scent of her deceased mate, and rubbed the small of his back- his calming spot- in soothing motions. It soothed her as well, containing the fire within her, a beautiful flamed feral omega, to a begrudging simmer.

(She would later on contact the school and give every single paid worker on duty a piece of hell to suffer in.)

"My sweet baby, listen to me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you being a beta. You are wonderful the way you are and I wouldn't have you any other way. This is how you came to me, precious, I love and adore every single inch of you, and if no one can accept the way you are, then they don't deserve your attention or time. They simply just don't."